Bubble Watch

Although we are 0-2 vs hall and 1-1 vs Creighton, I like our chances to beat SHU in BET a little bit more.

And while not as flashy as a creighton win, A SHU win is a quality win and it could mean the difference between us and another bubble team. Could kill 2 birds with one stone.
I agree. Seton Hall has been very successful by out working, out-toughing and out hustling their opponents. That advantage which is so vital to them dissapears in the postseason.

It's funny that you mentioned "No Woman No Cry". When I first saw the title I thought it meant if you don't have a woman, don't cry about it. After reading all the lyrics and having a griend who was born in Jamaica explain them to me, I realized that he was actually telling a woman that no matter how hard it was for her, she is strong and doesn't have to cry about her situation because she will survive. Guess I can no longer play that song when my wife is mad at me, LMAO.
Well, you can...but there could be consequences. 🤣

Not to go too off topic, but how was the Bob Marley movie? Didn’t get a chance to see it yet
I didn't particularly care for the movie. Something was lacking there, and there wasn't anything mentioned that wasn't previously known.

Check out the documentary on Marley, which is simply titled "Marley." It came out in 2012. It's really good and covers a lot regarding the life of Bob Marley.

Now back to the title of the thread. 😉

Villanova beat Providence today. Possibly, St. John's will finish 5th rank as 11-9 in Big East regular season. Villanova and Providence will finish 10-10.

From ZACH:

Villanova winning at Providence is a very good result for St. John's. Nova will now move into the top-30 of the NET, giving St. John's another Quad 1 win. That makes five. Also, Villanova making the tournament would give the Johnnies two more wins over an at-large team. Wildcats just need to split next two -- at Seton Hall, home for Creighton -- to be a lock for tourney IMO.

Wish I had seen Bob Marley at a venue like the Beacon. I can only imagine the energy a young Marley had. The depth and meaning in his lyrics will never be replicated.
I missed some of this thread. Bob Marley is absolutely one of the greatest musicians of all time. I like many genres of music and wouldn't put Reggae as anywhere near the top but Marley is special. Unfortunately he passed when I was 11 so I couldn't see him later in life like Springsteen or Paul Simon for example.

Great that Nova won.

Last edited:
I missed some of this thread. Bob Marley is absolutely one of the greatest musicians of all time. I like many genres of music and wouldn't put Reggae as anywhere near the top but Marley is special. Unfortunately he passed when I was 11 so I couldn't see him later in life like Springsteen or Paul Simon for example.

Great that Nova won.
“ Bubble Watch”. That’s the topic of this thread, not Bob Marley. Come on people.

Well, getting back to the bubble...our chances improved slightly today before Nova beat Providence as our NET improved to 39......we're getting closer.

when was the last time we looked forward to a Depaul game ? I'm not even sure ESPKEN has the answer to that one
For me it was 2019 because I came up from Carolina to see us play in the BET quarters and needed us to beat Depaul for my tickets to mean anything. Of course, we beat Depaul and then got our asses cleaned by Marquette; that was the time I came down and met you and the guys from 114!

Back