Bubble Watch

Being on the Bubble=Not a good the for SJU

The NCAA committee has a hard on for RP and are probably will not show any favor towards SJU. Evidence being, they paired Iona with UConn last year. Thoughts?
Screw the NCAA.

Rick needs to build monster teams and just beat the snot our of everyone.

NCAA puts us in the toughest region, I'd say great, I love a challenge, BRING IT.

During yesterday's broadcast of butler at depaul, they did one of those blind "who would you pick" based on records, etc. It was butler and Seton hall. The announcer actually chose butler's resume. Butler is considered to be out while Seton hall is supposed to be comfortably in.

The matrices can be read and interpreted so many different ways to make your head spin (as another poster noted). Who knows what factors the committee values more highly than other.

I hope rhis year we're not NC state when st john's was picked over it for the first four game in Dayton that we eventually lost to luc dort and Arizona state.
We wouldn't have to worry if we win the BET, JS

Anyone with concerns about the ncaa having it out for Pitino, go check out the SJU TV ratings from this year. It’s always about the money even when people think it’s personal.

They want us in
The most important segment of the market wants Pitino, the advertisers.
They have a very chance to get ato 20 wins and that could make them the last 4 in.
I'm betting on that scenario given the two teams ahead of them could lose 2 games before the BE tournament.

As of Sunday night, we are 5-9 in Quad 1 games. There are only 14 teams with more quad 1 wins than us. Adding in Quad 2, we are 9-11 overall with a NET of 39. Our metrics are strong. Hope the committee thinks so too. I expect our net to ease a bit after Depaul and Georgetown games.

sorry did not get on today...everytime i was checking the site was down and just able to get back to computer!

Tonight we need:

UAB > Memphis
Rutgers>Nebraska
Stanford> Cal

Was helped out with: Uconn > Hall and North Texas winning today.

Drake & Indiana State need to monitor as potential 2 bid MVC.....Ohio State another team getting hot right now.

Bubble Watch 3/4

Baylor > Texas - texas is almost lock status but if they lose both this week and big 12 opener could fall a couple seed lines to where we are.
Duke > NC State - NC state is pretty far off but this will bury them or give them a sliver of life

Back