Bubble Watch

A lot of people seem to have written off Xavier, but they are tied with us at 9-9 in conference. Their last 2 games are at Butler and at home vs. Marquette. With Kolek out, they have a big opportunity. Hope they blow it!

Providence favored by 7.5 pts tonight at Georgetown. This is a Q3 road opportunity, 7 pm @wpro

I didn't pay much attention to any of this the last couple of years as SJU was firmly on the out, out, out, don't even think about it, list. Paying more attention the last month, I believe there is more talk about the formula being flawed right now for NET than the last couple of years. Many complaints revolve around the efficiency metrics, first, being included, and also the efficiency metrics being too heavily weighted. Coaches catch on and teams have been trying to run up scores all year. Announcers now bring it up. Seems to me like one of the five categories is broken.

And I wonder what (if anything) the committee will do with that and if the actual field will end up being less predictable than bracket gurus are projecting. I wouldn't even pretend to figure out how that would impact SJU, just something I have been wondering.

Every BE team has , or will likely beat G’Town and DePaul in their remaining games .
Which would mean the teams we are competing for in BE seeding , PC , Nova , Xavier , us have picked up 4 wins .

Our BE seeding and how we do in the Tournament will largely determine our NCAA prospects , if still in play .

So far , it looks like UCONN , Creighton , Marquette and SH are all pretty much in the dance . That’s 4 teams ,. So it will come down to us , PC and Nova .

Does the BE get 5 or 6 bids ? 7 ? Hmmm. ?

Every BE team has , or will likely beat G’Town and DePaul in their remaining games .
Which would mean the teams we are competing for in BE seeding , PC , Nova , Xavier , us have picked up 4 wins .

Our BE seeding and how we do in the Tournament will largely determine our NCAA prospects , if still in play .

So far , it looks like UCONN , Creighton , Marquette and SH are all pretty much in the dance . That’s 4 teams ,. So it will come down to us , PC and Nova .

Does the BE get 5 or 6 bids ? 7 ? Hmmm. ?
Seton Hall is far from a lock. They are right on the edge. If I had to bet, I’d say Nova/Johnnies IN and Seton Hall/PC OUT. We are pretty much attached to the hip with Nova at this point.

Really don't care what Lunardi has to say about us. He has Florida Atlantic, TCU, New Mexico, Virginia, and Wake Forest all ahead of us. Those five teams have a combined 9 Quad 1 victories. We have five by ourselves.
I get it. But Lunardi is not judging the teams, but predicting what the NCAA tournament committee will do. He’s not perfect, but really good at it.

...... Lunardi is not judging the teams, but predicting what the NCAA tournament committee will do. He’s not perfect, but really good at it.

Lunardi is not all that good.

The below link identifies that over the past 5 NCAA tournament selections Joe Lunardi is the 98th most accurate bracketologist out of 174. Not that good.

Back