Bubble Watch

lets see you put your odds on us winning in both scenarios 😃

I think we’d be over 50% in 1 and under in 2.
I think pretty similar odds for me. We have already proven we can beat Creighton and should have won at Creighton. I know we can beat seton hall. But we haven’t but I know we can.

Of course this is not me overlooking DePaul. Go take care of business if they are in that scenario.

Although we are 0-2 vs hall and 1-1 vs Creighton, I like our chances to beat SHU in BET a little bit more.

And while not as flashy as a creighton win, A SHU win is a quality win and it could mean the difference between us and another bubble team. Could kill 2 birds with one stone.
Agree that we would have a better chance to beat Seton Hall than Creighton but if it’s not enough to beat SH it really comes down to beating UConn instead of Creighton. Have heard numerous pundits say we need to beat a higher ranked team than the Hall. While it means the world to us to finally get to Friday night and the semis the Committee looks at overall body of work and rating and doesn’t give a rat’s ass if we’re in the semis.

Agree that we would have a better chance to beat Seton Hall than Creighton but if it’s not enough to beat SH it really comes down to beating UConn instead of Creighton. Have heard numerous pundits say we need to beat a higher ranked team than the Hall. While it means the world to us to finally get to Friday night and the semis the Committee looks at overall body of work and rating and doesn’t give a rat’s ass if we’re in the semis.
Personally think the sweep vs seton hall is keeping them ahead of us right now. I know it’s not supposed to and there’s more to it but when two teams are similar in resume it’s only natural. Even if not that exactly, game could come down to an either or situation between the two of us. Would feel very confident winning 3 more including hall in 4/5 and losing to uconn would get us in.

Of course would feel very confident if we were to beat creighton in BE tourney as well but don’t love our chances there as much as vs Hall.

Including playing as the 6 seed and taking care of business against DePaul. Then go face and beat Creighton. I don’t see how people think it’s better to be the 5 seed and play seton hall. Creighton is so much higher ranked in polls and all other metrics than seton hall. Give me the DePaul win by a lot and win over Creighton scenario every time over playing seton hall and win.
What will be will be, but I do not agree that Depaul or no Depaul, a win the next day over a fully rested Creighton is easier than beating Seton Hall fully rested. When you compare it as a win over Seton Hall versus a loss against Creighton that extra win over Depaul becomes very empty.

Personally think the sweep vs seton hall is keeping them ahead of us right now. I know it’s not supposed to and there’s more to it but when two teams are similar in resume it’s only natural. Even if not that exactly, game could come down to an either or situation between the two of us. Would feel very confident winning 3 more including hall in 4/5 and losing to uconn would get us in.

Of course would feel very confident if we were to beat creighton in BE tourney as well but don’t love our chances there as much as vs Hall.
Seems about a 50-50 proposition. If it gets us in I would LOVE to finally beat the Hall even if we lose to Pukon in semis.

Bracketmatrix has us as second team out behind Colorado. Right behind us Villanova and Utah. It’s a weird situation having to pull for the teams directly behind you on the bubble that could then skip you but here we are.
So many scenarios hard to know. Hopefully with us currently ahead of both, plus 3-0 vs them combined, them playing well will push all three of us up and other teams below. Of course, they could just jump us as well.

What will be will be, but I do not agree that Depaul or no Depaul, a win the next day over a fully rested Creighton is easier than beating Seton Hall fully rested. When you compare it as a win over Seton Hall versus a loss against Creighton that extra win over Depaul becomes very empty.
Only issue would be that the 6th seed is the last game Wednesday night. So if that is the concern I fully understand that. At least the next day is also the last game and not a quick turnaround.

Only issue would be that the 6th seed is the last game Wednesday night. So if that is the concern I fully understand that. At least the next day is also the last game and not a quick turnaround.
Yes, I think it isn't better to play extra games, especially since I personally do not consider Seton Hall a tougher match than Creighton. Or Marquette so much easier than Uconn if we ever got there. Now I absolutely think if we get to five and beat Seton Hall we are in, but I don't know, I only think it. We wouldn't know until that Sunday.

I also know I am in the minority with my focus on the BE Tournament. But it is a big deal and is played at MSG. It gets a ton of local media attention, way more than a First Four game would, as an example. I think getting to Friday at MSG is clearly as big for the "brand" as getting to First Four and losing. I think it's bigger. Just to throw a scenario out there. But better yet I think getting to Friday this year will get the team to the NCAAs anyway, so it isn't one or the other.

All that said I suspect when the dust settles, we are in sixth. Already hoping MSG stockpiles coffee for the 9:40 Depaul game.

You're so right on the lyrics Panther. What made Bob one of the all time greatest imho is he combined meaningful, often deeply religious lyrics with wonderful music that made you want to get up and dance, along with some beautiful ballads (No Woman, No Cry comes to mind). While known for protest songs, Bob wrote some beautiful love songs, and while many of his protest songs were angry they were never hateful.

Sorry Knight, back to Bubble Watch.
It's funny that you mentioned "No Woman No Cry". When I first saw the title I thought it meant if you don't have a woman, don't cry about it. After reading all the lyrics and having a griend who was born in Jamaica explain them to me, I realized that he was actually telling a woman that no matter how hard it was for her, she is strong and doesn't have to cry about her situation because she will survive. Guess I can no longer play that song when my wife is mad at me, LMAO.

Back