Bubble Watch

As one I believe you are referring to, what did all your concern “about this stuff” get you except potentially a little bit of egg on your face for celebrating after all your predictions of a sure thing bid after finishing 5th in the BE and beating SHU get you? Crying in your beer because the absolute beauty of sports, the complete and utter absolute unpredictability of sports, might have come up and bit you in the a$$? The only thing that EVER mattered was continuing to win the whole damn tournament and if not pray things broke right leading to what the committee does tomorrow.
That’s why coming out and playing EVERY possession on both ends of the court like your season was on the line against UConn was not an option but an absolute MUST, because it was, and SJU didn’t do that. No, they certainly didn’t roll over but they didn’t play with the absolute desperate commitment and all out hustle that the situation demanded. So people here reveled in the 5 point loss while other teams went out and played with that commitment and WON their games against the “better” teams. So now SJU and fans can sweat tomorrow out and some of you can crank up your, “oh we‘re better than X“ posts or lament how the basketball gods hate SJU, or how the tournament needs to be expanded, if SJU is not selected.
For the record, not having been “concerned about this stuff”, I still think the late surge and the Pitino factor will get SJU in, but we shall see. But if it doesn’t happen, SJU coaches and players have no one to blame but themselves, they were the ones who lost too many very winnable games.
wasnt talking about you but Jesus Christ who fucking cares if we deserve it or not

I’m a fan and I wanted us in

This sucks

I think they put 4 in BE
Just not positive will be is and not Hall
That’s how I feel. Unfortunately Hall has that Uconn win that’ll get them in ahead of us.

Hope I’m wrong but just what I’m expecting.

And we can’t say squat about it because they beat us 2 out of 3 times when they shouldn’t have

That’s how I feel. Unfortunately Hall has that Uconn win that’ll get them in ahead of us.

And we can’t say squat about it because they beat us 2 out of 3 times when they shouldn’t have
I think our metrics will be too good for us to have them over us, but I agree we cannot complain. This team underachieved in the regular season and put themselves in this position.

No, I think our win against Creighton, close game with UConn ( the best team in the country) in BET, defeating the Hall in BET, pitino and net rank all favor us over them. 🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞🙏

If you’re going to rely on nerdy metrics to get 6 teams in from the Mountain West, you can’t ignore those same metrics when it comes to us - 32 NET, 26 KenPom.
Live by the metrics, due by the metrics.

Just like anything else, when become solely engrossed in the numbers, you forget the importance of the human element.

Just looking at this team, you see it has not been as healthy (big reason for the improved play of course) or playing as well as it has over the last month.

That makes SJU one of the best bubble teams, who you can confidently put in the tournament, knowing they will be competitive (good for TV ratings as well).

Live by the metrics, due by the metrics.

Just like anything else, when become solely engrossed in the numbers, you forget the importance of the human element.

Just looking at this team, you see it has not been as healthy (big reason for the improved play of course) or playing as well as it has over the last month.

That makes SJU one of the best bubble teams, who you can confidently put in the tournament, knowing they will be competitive (good for TV ratings as well).
I really want us to be the last team in, and then the NCAA committee representative say "well, we know St. John's was missing a key player in RJ Luis for a quarter of the season". This board will detonate.

I really want us to be the last team in, and then the NCAA committee representative say "well, we know St. John's was missing a key player in RJ Luis for a quarter of the season". This board will detonate.
And whoever survives that detonation, will not survive aftershocks when the committee adds, “they also have an all BE conference tournament performer in Jenkins who is the engine of the team, playing at a very high level.”

And then have a couple of analysts talk about how great it will be for all of America to get to see the great Daniss Jenkins play!

Back