Bubble Watch

Fwiw that USF loss removes them from the designated auto bid slot and everyone gets to move one spot up. This moves Seton Hall in on Lunardi’s, and moves us one spot away from not being in Dayton.

If we can survive tonight and tomorrow with no more bid stealers I’m feeling very good

Watching this game is making me sad we didn't have Clayton this year, and dreaming he somehow transfers to us next year.

I agree but it’s impossible to know how the old white ADs and league commissioners that are on the committee think. I’m skeptical they actually watch and follow the amount of games they claim to but one thing that could work in our favor is that they probably really start paying attention around mid Feb which is when we really started playing well
You mean like Duke’s AD? Oh wait, she’s a young black woman so I guess we can trust her impartiality even though she’s from Duke? 🤪

Q in case anyone knows, while not likely, it seems possible that SH providence and SJU are all in the last 4. If that happens, do they have to move one of the teams up so that two big east teams don’t face each other in Dayton?

Edit, just saw this answered on twitter:

Q in case anyone knows, while not likely, it seems possible that SH providence and SJU are all in the last 4. If that happens, do they have to move one of the teams up so that two big east teams don’t face each other in Dayton?

Edit, just saw this answered on twitter:

From their site:
"Teams from the same conference shall not meet prior to the regional semifinals if they played each other twice during the regular season and conference tournament.

Teams from the same conference may play each other as early as the second round if they played no more than once during the regular season and conference tournament.

Any principle can be relaxed if two or more teams from the same conference are among the last four at-large seeded teams participating in the First Four.

To recognize the demonstrated quality of such teams, the committee shall not place teams seeded on the first four lines at a potential “home-crowd disadvantage” in the first round."

Back