Bubble Watch

FAU can't hit the anything in 2nd half, doesn't look good. Plenty of time left, but...someone has to step up soon.

We came in hot, played the best team in the country tough and scored a bunch on them, and have a NET in the low 30s. I personally think you bubble watchers are shortening your lives unnecessarily.
There’s only so many spots. And 3 of them that weren’t being accounted for are still firmly up in the air.

This would be I believe a Q3 loss for FAU, and by looking at their resume, should drop them below us. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Not impossible that it would, but very unlikely it would drop them that far. They've built themselves a very decent buffer, if they would have lost that double OT game to Arizona they'd be in BIG trouble

This would be I believe a Q3 loss for FAU, and by looking at their resume, should drop them below us. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I agree with you. Not sure what committee would do but I’ve been calling FAU frauds all year. They have one arizona win doing the heavy lifting. Much like our Creighton win. But we’re in better conference and don’t have as bad of losses as them

Not impossible that it would, but very unlikely it would drop them that far. They've built themselves a very decent buffer, if they would have lost that double OT game to Arizona they'd be in BIG trouble
What's their buffer though? Best wins are Arizona, Butler, Virginia Tech, SMU. Only one sure-fire NCAA team. They have two Q4 losses -- Bryant (164) and FGCU (246). Their NET is one above us. 35 on Kenpom.

I think the committee already locked them up, but I would strongly disagree with that. I think they should be right on the bubble with everyone else.

What's their buffer though? Best wins are Arizona, Butler, Virginia Tech, SMU. Only one sure-fire NCAA team. They have two Q4 losses -- Bryant (164) and FGCU (246). Their NET is one above us.

I think the committee already locked them up, but I would strongly disagree with that. I think they should be right on the bubble with everyone else.
I thought it was ridiculous a couple weeks ago to think they should be out. But now . . . being last year's darling is keeping them in the "marked safe" conversation way longer than they should be.

You can make a convincing argument FAU should be a bubble team and not get in, but I don't think that's happening.
So then this entire bubble consternation is a pointless exercise if some teams are already in, when there are still arguments that can be made against them.

What's their buffer though? Best wins are Arizona, Butler, Virginia Tech, SMU. Only one sure-fire NCAA team. They have two Q4 losses -- Bryant (164) and FGCU (246). Their NET is one above us. 35 on Kenpom.

Yeah the problem is the committee already decided FAU is in and history has shown they absolutely refuse to pivot based on the results of the weekend games unless necessary in the case of AQs and what not.

The committee is also very much rooting for FAU to lose this game. Fewer moving parts to navigate tomorrow if it's just Temple v UAB especially since that game ends an hour before the selection show

Back