Bubble Watch

When did college basketball become a soap opera?

There is more anticipation than Luke and Laura’s marriage. Yes, all the girls back then talked about it all the time and I had to pretend I cared (that’s my story and I am sticking to it).
My only interest in that saga was the actress who played Laura (Genie Francis).

UAB is leading South Florida 38-30 at halftime. An important reminder that if this holds, another at-large spot will OPEN because current brackets by default have USF in as the AQ because they finished first in their conference. This is a very important game we should be following atm. South Florida is not a candidate for an at large bid.
This game on its own isn’t super important. What’s important is that whoever wins that game loses to FAU tomorrow

This game on its own isn’t super important. What’s important is that whoever wins that game loses to FAU tomorrow

That's true, but I will add that Vegas thinks USF is a few points better than UAB, so UAB winning could give FAU an easier game tomorrow.

Far from the most important result for us today, but would still prefer to see UAB win.

USF is another school I have on my radar as a bubble surprise. I don’t think they’ll make it because of that loss at the end of the season, but them (and Indiana state for that matter) being ranked at the end of the season definitely gives me pause.

I know the rankings are arbitrary by writers and coaches, but I wonder how much the committee would actually deviate from that opinion based on a loss to Drake (ISU) and Tulsa (USF).

I think both are out but none of these bracketologists are perfect

Everytime I put on Texas A&M they are beating the crap out of someone

Luckily, this is BY FAR the least important of the “games of interest” I listed today. Hopefully everything after this goes chalk

I dunno how everyone else feels. But tuning into all of these games to check on bubble teams the past couple of weekends, I'm not seeing any I really believe are more talented than us.
I agree but it’s impossible to know how the old white ADs and league commissioners that are on the committee think. I’m skeptical they actually watch and follow the amount of games they claim to but one thing that could work in our favor is that they probably really start paying attention around mid Feb which is when we really started playing well

UAB is leading South Florida 38-30 at halftime. An important reminder that if this holds, another at-large spot will OPEN because current brackets by default have USF in as the AQ because they finished first in their conference. This is a very important game we should be following atm. South Florida is not a candidate for an at large bid.
But unless FAU beats the winner of this game it reverts back anyway. I think the only AAC games that matter include FAU.

I encourage everyone to actually listen to the video, instead of necessarily reading the blurb.

Some of the highlights:
-- This list includes teams from all conferences, so even a team like North Carolina is technically on the list, but they (hopefully) will drop off once their conference championship happens and they win. In other words, there's more than just one spot actually available -- more will actually open happen as conferences have their championships.
-- Timing of the selections

This interview was published this afternoon. They already made that list. In the interview, he says that they finalize the list of non-AQs tonight (with contingency plans).

I find this second point very important because it's fair to presume that games today and tomorrow may carry less weight for schools that have to do more work in their conference tournaments to move up. They've already made up their minds on a lot of the field, and already did before yesterday.

Not sure if this is a good or bad dynamic for St. John's. But we really, really cannot afford more bid stealers tonight and tomorrow to win the AQ

I agree but it’s impossible to know how the old white ADs and league commissioners that are on the committee think. I’m skeptical they actually watch and follow the amount of games they claim to but one thing that could work in our favor is that they probably really start paying attention around mid Feb which is when we really started playing well
Old white ADs? Perhaps you would prefer young Asian women be on the committee?

Florida starting to turn it up. Down 54-52, 15 minutes left. I would like A&M not playing tomorrow. I think they're a team that bracketologists are overestimating in the tournament.

Back