Bubble Watch

You don't know that just because you read it on the interweb and hear it in podcasts. Only way to know is head to head ( show me some numbers and I'll say you're right ) or how teams fair out of conference like in the Ncaa's ( again show numbers ) How about my numbers? 0 for 11 outside of the Aztecs. Pretty darn telling, huh. I'll do you: if you want to discuss further, I recommend that you find a Mountain West conference site: Nobody cares about the Mountain Valley conference.
Curiosity got the best of me and I found the ACC was 3-2 against the Mountain West this season.

Clemson beat Boise State by 17 earlier this season

One more interesting nugget...we only have 1 non-Q1 loss since December 10th and had a 19 point lead in that game and have since beaten that team by 19. How many bubble teams can say that?

Stuff like this, in addition to Pitino/Dingle/coaches getting COVID (and us blowing out Hall later), the eye test, how we finished, our #26 KenPom, and more, are why I think we have a better shot at a Bye than most brackets make it out. We would be the most popular picks for a 10-7 (or 11-6) upset, and the NCAA loves those type of games. When it comes to seeding they tend to focus more on the metrics which our resume is very strong in, not just Quad W/Ls.

Unlike the Selection Committee, these bracketologists are not sitting in a room analyzing each resume side by side and debating for hours. I'm biased of course as a Johnnies fan, and other teams I'm sure have things they're pointing at too, but there really is a lot going for us that won't be reflected in computer rankings (with minimal human input).

Absolutely think we'll make the Tournament (30/31 brackets updated today have us in), and even though I still narrowly like our chances at a Bye I'll set my expectations for the First Four just so I'm not disappointed.

I can’t see them putting two Big East teams in play in games. Big East was the second best conference in the country. Lunardi has us and Seton Hall in a play in game.

It's a fact that we won't play another Big East team first game, which is what Lunardi's bracket says. So he'd have to move us or Hall up/down, and removing Hall from his bracket just for being a Big East team wouldn't be fair lol.

New Mexico and us in Dayton. Don’t think we play them but can see us both there. TV would eat it up.

If New Mexico wins today they’re not going to Dayton, but if they lose then it’s obvious they’ll do Pitino vs. Pitino.

Stuff like this, in addition to Pitino/Dingle/coaches getting COVID (and us blowing out Hall later), the eye test, how we finished, our #26 KenPom, and more, are why I think we have a better shot at a Bye than most brackets make it out. We would be the most popular picks for a 10-7 (or 11-6) upset, and the NCAA loves those type of games. When it comes to seeding they tend to focus more on the metrics which our resume is very strong in, not just Quad W/Ls.

Unlike the Selection Committee, these bracketologists are not sitting in a room analyzing each resume side by side and debating for hours. I'm biased of course as a Johnnies fan, and other teams I'm sure have things they're pointing at too, but there really is a lot going for us that won't be reflected in computer rankings (with minimal human input).

Absolutely think we'll make the Tournament (30/31 brackets updated today have us in), and even though I still narrowly like our chances at a Bye I'll set my expectations for the First Four just so I'm not disappointed.
You need to change your screen name to adderall till tomorrow night so people stay focused :)

Bracketmatrix's best bracketologist over the past 5 years has us as the 2nd to last team in in today's update.

Several of the teams directly ahead of us here are still playing, and we could pass them with a loss today. None of the teams behind us I think are still playing, so nobody will pass us. There could be bid thieves, but also a slot could free up if USF loses.

Curiosity got the best of me and I found the ACC was 3-2 against the Mountain West this season.

Clemson beat Boise State by 17 earlier this season
Wait a minute. Are you telling me that the 6th seeded Acc team blew out the 3rd seeded Broke back mountain team and that the Acc won 60% of all contests head to head? I gotta go tell this to Mrs. A cause she says I'm never right. Did I mention that Broke Back mountain teams outside of the Aztecs are riding an impressive 0 for 11 Ncaa streak and that the Acc has placed 38% of the teams in the final four, better than any other conference?, last 2 years.

Several of the teams directly ahead of us here are still playing, and we could pass them with a loss today. None of the teams behind us I think are still playing, so nobody will pass us. There could be bid thieves, but also a slot could free up if USF loses.
Yep, though I'm not sure Texas A&M or New Mexico actually lose ground with losses today against very good teams.

The bid thievery is the main thing to watch now for sure

Back