Bubble Watch

Great breakdown and if true finishing 5th and beating Seton Hall would not be enough if we then lose to Uconn which is why finishing 6th beating DePaul and then Creighton might be the better path to qualifying for at at large bid. Since none of us nor the team for that matter control the match ups it doesn't really matter what any of us thinks it will just play out the way it plays out and hopefully we do enough to get a bid.

We need to take care of business tomorrow for this to start to matter but slow day so here is the daily bubble games to monitor:

Houston > Cincy
Kentucky > Miss State
Va Tech > Syracuse
Clemson > Pitt
ND > Wake
FSU > NC State
T.Tech > Texas
Penn State > Iowa
Air Force > Boise State
Colorado State > Nevada
Win the next two games; there will certainly be a few of these and more taking an L before the BET.

One thing to remember, I think, is that the committee does have a history of rejecting teams with bad schedules and now we have a whole league that has terrible NCSOS but good NET.

No one has any idea how this will play out, this is a new thing that hasn't happened before, and the traditional analysis cannot account for this. So the usual "last four out" or "first four out" are meaningless, literally.

Utah has Oregon, Oregon State and Cal left. Two easy wins. Our W is going to be Q1.

I am firmly in the camp of "win our last two and we are in"

Last edited:
Great breakdown and if true finishing 5th and beating Seton Hall would not be enough if we then lose to Uconn which is why finishing 6th beating DePaul and then Creighton might be the better path to qualifying for at at large bid. Since none of us nor the team for that matter control the match ups it doesn't really matter what any of us thinks it will just play out the way it plays out and hopefully we do enough to get a bid.
Myself and a couple others been trying to push this idea as the better option but its not been popular.

One thing to remember, I think, is that the committee does have a history of rejecting teams with bad schedules and now we have a whole league that has terrible NCSOS but good NET.

No one has any idea how this will play out, this is a new thing that hasn't happened before, and the traditional analysis cannot account for this. So the usual "last four out" or "first four out" are meaningless, literally.

Utah has Oregon, Oregon State and Cal left. Two easy wins. Our W is going to be Q1.

Also - they would never admit it, but the Pitino factor is relevant.

man... if we don't make it to the Finals of the BET .... the Selection Show is gonna be some anxiety TV....

There is no way to be sure about Utah being a Q1 win unless they run the regular season table. Close wins over Cal and Oregon St and a non-competitive loss at Oregon and I guarantee you that they will drop to Q2 for us.

I am also 90%+ sure that if we win the DePaul and Georgetown games and lose our first game in the Big East Tourney and we win NOT be in.

Back