Bubble Watch

Isn’t South Florida likely to get in if they get to the final?
They aren’t listed anywhere in outlooks I’ve seen. Unless they are refusing to list them as part of the bubble until they no longer have the “auto bid” slot accounted for.

South Florida is not getting in as an at-large. They're only in the brackets since they have the best regular season record, and its best practice to put teams with the best regular season record in as the AQ. They lose, they're out.

When did college basketball become a soap opera?

There is more anticipation than Luke and Laura’s marriage. Yes, all the girls back then talked about it all the time and I had to pretend I cared (that’s my story and I am sticking to it).

The fact that we are still on the bubble after seton hall win and UConn loss is the reason why taking the path of 6 seed beating DePaul and follow up that with a win against Marquette getting that extra win (not the way nova won) we would have been in much better position.

But I do recall many wanted revenge against the hall. I hope you guys can see the 6th seed was the path of better chances.

The fact that we are still on the bubble after seton hall win and UConn loss is the reason why taking the path of 6 seed beating DePaul and follow up that with a win against Marquette getting that extra win (not the way nova won) we would have been in much better position.

But I do recall many wanted revenge against the hall. I hope you guys can see the 6th seed was the path of better chances.
But if we didn’t win the quarter final matchup we’d be in a worse spot. Don’t think we can play this game honestly.

I still take this path 10 times out of 10 times.

Nova almost lost to DePaul. You never know what can happen, and that extra day exhausts you. I also don't think winning by 20 would even move the needle. It also absolutely no guarantee we beat Marquette. Frankly don't know if we do -- they would still have the best player and 3rd best player on the court.

Beating SHU was huge.

I still take this path 10 times out of 10 times.

Nova almost lost to DePaul. You never know what can happen, and that extra day exhausts you. I also don't think winning by 20 would even move the needle. It also absolutely no guarantee we beat Marquette. Frankly don't know if we do -- they would still have the best player and 3rd best player on the court.

Beating SHU was huge.
All contingent of crushing DePaul. I highly doubt we would have pulled a nova in that game.

Agree, my perfect scenario had Hall getting the 3 seed and Marquette the 2. Get 3 wins and avoiding UConn until the final.

Of course all contingent of crushing DePaul first.
I’m talking about the next round where we beat seton hall and jumped them.

Not a guarantee we beat Marquette to advance to the semis. The win we really needed to have a chance is the Seton Hall win. Of course winning in the semi’s vs creighton or uconn would have bolstered our chances significantly but we’d have no chance if we never got there in the first place.

Back