Bubble Watch

There is nothing more we can do. I think we acquitted ourselves very nicely in the BET. Beat a bubble team Seton Hall easily and played hard and hung with the #2 NET team. I don't care who or where we play but I know we are better than these Dayton teams.

Colorado was in by many before today. So, I'm not sure to root for them or not this evening. Arizona has crapped the bed in the second half.
Colorado is good. They deserve to be in. There are a bunch of teams that fit that description this year, but obviously they won't all make it. Think SHU loss to us may doom them with low NET. Pitt may be out with loss to UNC due to poor SOS. Wonder if the way the committee puts in some of the bubble teams is 4 from the BE and 4 from ACC - or even 3, the big 2 plus Clemson if UVA loses.

Two wrestling squads in 13-7 ACC Virginia vs 13-7 BE team seton hall will be a hell of a Dayton matchup.

O/U 115

My subway reading: https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...i-mens-teams-picked-march-madness-each-season

The NET is one of many resources/tools available to the committee in the selection, seeding and bracketing process. Computer models cannot accurately evaluate qualitative factors such as games missed by key players or coaches, travel difficulties and other effects of specific games.

Each committee member independently evaluates a vast amount of information during the process to make individual decisions. It is these qualitative, quantitative and subjective opinions -- developed after hours of personal observations, discussion with coaches, directors of athletics and commissioners, and review and comparison of various data -- that each individual ultimately will determine their vote on all issues related to selections, seeding and bracketing.”

My understanding is that the committee is looking for the best teams. NET and all of these other things are supposed to educate that opinion, but there’s subjectivity and game watching involved as well.

That’s the hardest to gauge as a fan, so we cling to the numbers. Unfortunately I think both SEC teams today got the result they needed and won the eye test competition; but I find it hard to believe we are that far behind them.

Back