Bubble Watch

I agree. The ACC is not good this year.
Don't believe everything you hear. At Least as good as our conference plus their should be Some level of deference for recent success. ACC had 38% of the final 4 entrants last 2 years. That would be above mean if there were 3 conferences in the country - and there's like 99. They won the National championship 4 years ago. 3 really with covid cancelation. I don't mind Hoos bubbling out but leave the other bubble team in that crushed them on the road. It's a 15 team power 5 confernce. How could they not get 4? It's like K retired and they said f'em. Just ask Florida State ( apologies Bamafan ).

Don't believe everything you hear. At Least as good as our conference plus there should be Some level of deference for recent success. ACC had 38% of the final 4 entrants last 2 years. That would be above mean if there were 3 conferences in the country - and there's like 99. They won the National championship 4 years ago. 3 really with covid cancelation. I don't mind Hoos bubbling out but leave the other bubble team in that crushed them on the road. It's a 15 team power 5 confernce. How could they not get 4? It's like K retired and they said f'em. Just ask Florida State ( apologies Bamafan ).
I’m not sure why you think ACC teams making tournament runs in years past supposedly proves that the conference is good this year? It’d be like me flexing that the big East rocks because Villanova won two championships the past decade. It doesn’t really make sense or prove anything.

the team from the acc that made the final four last year is 15-16 and came in 14th place in the conference.

Virginia had its golden era, they are not nearly the same level of team.

When you have a 15 team league, and 10-11 of the teams range from mediocre to bad, the metrics end up looking no bueno. The league should really trim the fat if all these once proud programs are gonna be so poor. But that football money just too enticing

The conference is Duke and UNC and then everyone else. I do think Pitt should be in though

I’m not sure why you think ACC teams making tournament runs in years past supposedly proves that the conference is good this year?
I don't and it doesn't. I want Pitt in that's having a good season and don't understand why they're not listed in any brackets and that gets me looking things up and thinking. Only follow 2 power conferences and have seen all teams in them. BE not better than ACC. 5 or 6 bids to 2 or 3 let alone 7 or 9 elsewhere would be highway robbery. Our conference is Ucant, Creighton and Marquette and everyone else.

I don't and it doesn't. I want Pitt in that's having a good season and don't understand why they're not listed in any brackets and that gets me looking things up and thinking. Only follow 2 power conferences and have seen all teams in them. BE not better than ACC. 5 or 6 bids to 2 or 3 let alone 7 or 9 elsewhere would be highway robbery. Our conference is Ucant, Creighton and Marquette and everyone else.
On the list of things to be upset about I have ACC teams getting their “fair share” of NCAA bids so low you need something stronger than a shovel to find it.

Don't believe everything you hear. At Least as good as our conference plus their should be Some level of deference for recent success. ACC had 38% of the final 4 entrants last 2 years. That would be above mean if there were 3 conferences in the country - and there's like 99. They won the National championship 4 years ago. 3 really with covid cancelation. I don't mind Hoos bubbling out but leave the other bubble team in that crushed them on the road. It's a 15 team power 5 confernce. How could they not get 4? It's like K retired and they said f'em. Just ask Florida State ( apologies Bamafan ).
The ACC basketball is bad. Florida State football had a better argument for making the college football playoffs than the conference does in getting anything more three teams.

Who cares about 15 team leagues. Screw them. They wanted to expand for survival (meaning football money), well now they must live with the basketball consequences.

Has this board grown so divided that we can't even agree on dunking on the ACC?
to be fair to carmine he has some Pitt affiliation that is driving his viewpoint. I get it, if the ACC was more respected this season, Pitt would definitely be in. I am surprised Pitt is getting no love in any of these brackets

to be fair to carmine he has some Pitt affiliation that is driving his viewpoint. I get it, if the ACC was more respected this season, Pitt would definitely be in. I am surprised Pitt is getting no love in any of these brackets
Is it surprising? Look at their OOC. It's the same story with Seton Hall just, SHU is in a better conference. lol

Pitt's OOC:
North Carolina A&T
Binghamton
Florida Gulf Coast
Jacksonville
Florida (loss)
Oregon State
Missouri (loss)
West Virginia
South Carolina State
Purdue Fort Wayne

That is a horrible horrible horrible horrible OOC. Mike Anderson level horrible. On top of that, they lost to a terrible team in Missouri who hasn't won a game in the SEC.

They are where they belong.

The ACC basketball is bad. Florida State football had a better argument for making the college football playoffs than the conference does in getting anything more three teams.

Who cares about 15 team leagues. Screw them. They wanted to expand for survival (meaning football money), well now they must live with the basketball consequences.
And next year the ACC will be even worse, with the Pac 12 leftovers coming in. Bigger is absolutely not better for basketball.

On the list of things to be upset about I have ACC teams getting their “fair share” of NCAA bids so low you need something stronger than a shovel to find it.
I was in complete agreement until 3 years ago. I still hate Puke but there is something about getting robbed hundreds of thousands of dollars by a school that makes me like their basketball team. I've also adopted an A10 and Colonial team same way. My not Pitino worthy pro Acc rants here do seem to be working. I'm hearing Pitt is next 4 out now in some brackets so have some hope we won't have to beat NC second round to make Dayton.

Pitt's OOC:
North Carolina A&T
Binghamton
Florida Gulf Coast
Jacksonville
Florida (loss)
Oregon State
Missouri (loss)
West Virginia
South Carolina State
Purdue Fort Wayne

That is a horrible horrible horrible horrible OOC. Mike Anderson level horrible. On top of that, they lost to a terrible team in Missouri who hasn't won a game in the SEC.

They are where they belong.
Bad OOC slate no doubt, but their NET (44) is better than several teams in the field like Virginia (51). They have a really good win @ Duke.

Again I ask why Virginia is in and Pitt isn't? Resumes seem extremely similar but Pitt beat Virginia handily @UVA and has a better NET

Bad OOC slate no doubt, but their NET (44) is better than several teams in the field like Virginia (51). They have a really good win @ Duke.

Again I ask why Virginia is in and Pitt isn't? Resumes seem extremely similar but Pitt beat Virginia handily @UVA and has a better NET
No Quad 3 losses. Pitt has two of them.

Last edited:
Missouri is 8-23 and 0-18 in SEC. Pitt's loss to them is equivalent to losing to Georgetown. That's a huge difference.

Back