Bubble Watch

That sounds right. I expect STJ/SHU to be a true play-in game. Providence and Nova are in a tough spot since they probably need to win two. Not sure how a DePaul or Georgetown game would help them at all

There's no way we're behind Virginia. They have a 51 NET rank and only 2 Quad 1 wins. 3-4 in their last seven. I don't see them getting in.

Also, there's no way Indiana State is getting in after losing to Drake. They won 27 games this season. 22 of those wins are Quad 3 or worse.

Our resume is a lot better than most of these bubble teams, which is why we're still in 103 of 108 on bracket matrix.

There's no way we're behind Virginia. They have a 51 NET rank and only 2 Quad 1 wins. 3-4 in their last seven. I don't see them getting in.

Also, there's no way Indiana State is getting in after losing to Drake. They won 27 games this season. 22 of those wins are Quad 3 or worse.

Our resume is a lot better than most of these bubble teams, which is why we're still in 103 of 108 on bracket matrix.
I agree. The ACC is not good this year.

I am not a bracketology expert by any means, but for the reasons cited directly above and these, I see no way that we are not in the tourney, regardless of Thursday's outcome (unless there are many bid stealers):

Net rank
11 conference wins
Hot streak
Pitino
3 Quad 1s (and a few others on the cusp)
9 Q1 and Q2 wins

Last edited:
I am not a bracketology expert by any means, but for the reasons cited directly above and these, I see no way that we are t in the tourney, regardless of Thursday's outcome (unless there are many bid stealers):

Net rank
11 conference wins
Hot streak
Pitino
3 Quad 1s (and a few others on the cusp)
9 Q1 and Q2 wins
I want to be in this Boat with you... but the fact we only have 1 win vs The Field... doesn't have me confident... Need that Dub on Thurs.

I want to be in this Boat with you... but the fact we only have 1 win vs The Field... doesn't have me confident... Need that Dub on Thurs.
I agree it would certainly help.

Also, as the "field" is speculative at this point, I think we wind up with more than that 1 win against the field, but ....?

I think he’s right. Everything is on the line Thursday imo
Nervous Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

The suspense for Thursday is too much for me

Back