Bubble Watch

Agrew but we might be giving to mich credit to the committee members.

I doubt many or most of them are laboring over deeper dive stats beyond NET, Quad, conference in etc.
The only weakness in our league was every team was spotted 4 wins becuase Gtown and ePaul are the equivalent of low majors right now.

Iowa down 10 to Illinois at halftime. A loss here would end any slim bubble hopes they have.
this is the exact reason why i asked my question earlier re: Least amount of wins vs the Field an at-large team has had...

Iowa has seemingly 5 wins vs the Field.... not sure what their other metrics look like... but feel when the Committee is slicing and dicing the "Bubble" teams... that's gotta be something they look hard at... justifying putting a team in saying - Look- they have shown they are capable of beating teams in This Field...

this is the exact reason why i asked my question earlier re: Least amount of wins vs the Field an at-large team has had...

Iowa has seemingly 5 wins vs the Field.... not sure what their other metrics look like... but feel when the Committee is slicing and dicing the "Bubble" teams... that's gotta be something they look hard at... justifying putting a team in saying - Look- they have shown they are capable of beating teams in This Field...

Iowa has an NET of 57 and it’ll be in the 60s with a loss. They were only in a handful of brackets to begin today. They’re not getting in if they lose this game.

Very fair point not just for us, but especially when judging Mountain West teams and say a particular Missouri Valley team.

We have the following analytics as the regular season is over.

BPI 30
Pomeroy 32
NET 38 - as of today

Unfortunately we didn't beat a lot of teams in the NCAA field if Villanova and Utah don't make it but we lost by 4 at UCONN, 1 at Creighton and 1 at Marquette. I know you dont get a participation trophy for losing but it's clear we can compete in The NCAA tournament. Now lets go beat Seton Hall.

We have the following analytics as the regular season is over.

BPI 30
Pomeroy 32
NET 38 - as of today

Unfortunately we didn't beat a lot of teams in the NCAA field if Villanova and Utah don't make it but we lost by 4 at UCONN, 1 at Creighton and 1 at Marquette. I know you dont get a participation trophy for losing but it's clear we can compete in The NCAA tournament. Now lets go beat Seton Hall.

Hofstra has a pretty good chance of entering, just need to win tonight (up by 6 at the half) then beat Stony Brook tomorrow night. The Committee may not weigh them as heavily as teams like Nova and Utah, but it'd help.

Hofstra has a pretty good chance of entering, just need to win tonight (up by 6 at the half) then beat Stony Brook tomorrow night. The Committee may not weigh them as heavily as teams like Nova and Utah, but it'd help.
Stony Brook is the semis. The finals would be against Towson or College of Charleston.

James Madison tied with Texas southern. Don’t know if they make the tournament as an at large but they’ve been ranked d

Stony Brook is the semis. The finals would be against Towson or College of Charleston.

Oops sorry about that, misread a Tweet earlier. Still should have a decent shot at winning it though.

Nova and Utah can't really be counted on, but they're both so close to Q1 (and Nova last in/first out) that I think one of the two will step up this week. Would be unlucky for neither to move up just a couple spots in NET.

James Madison tied with Texas southern. Don’t know if they make the tournament as an at large but they’ve been ranked d
JMU could have been somewhat in the at large conversation if they lost the final to App State but App State lost today so any loss for JMU now would be in the bad loss category and eliminate them from the discussion

JMU could have been somewhat in the at large conversation if they lost the final to App State but App State lost today so any loss for JMU now would be in the bad loss category and eliminate them from the discussion
if anything we should root for a loss, seeing they beat Michigan state on opening night & not a at large threat

I’ve been fighting (nicely) my wife for last few years about moving back to Jersey which is nuts, but one big plus is going to Johnny games in MSG so I may just surrender!
And the Taylor Ham. Or Pork Roll!

Back