Bubble Watch

There are other teams we’re ahead of that this hurts more. You’re assuming we’re the last one in the field.
We don't know exactly where we stand at this moment and a ton can happen in the next week. We have no idea if the committee will slot Indiana State ahead of us or not. If they do it could be the reason we get left out

Outside of Creighton, we don't have any other wins against teams in the tournament (hence the importance of Villanova and Utah). Our resume is very friendly with all of these analytics/predictive places because of the margins of our losses -- not our wins over good teams.

Indiana State's NET was 26 entering today. It'll drop, but how much? We're in the late 30s. I'm sure it won't go past that.

Excited for this Michigan St/Indiana game.

I still think we can surpass Michigan st if they lose this and their first Big Ten Tourney game, if we defeat seton hall

Not a good result, but the way I view it they'd only be a potential threat to keeping us out of the First Four / Tournament if we lose to Hall. If we beat Hall then we should pass them and the result today wouldn't impact us getting a Bye (I don't think Indiana St deserves a Bye).

Just beat SHU, then screw all the rest, we'll be in, it's as simple as that.

I can't freaking wait for Thursday afternoon.
It is all about Thursday. 100%

I obviously want the team to be in, and it's fun following the bubble. I'm nervous about Thursday. But I also feel at peace with where we are. We lost a lot of games we should've won. We haven't earned a no brainer bid.

I don't understand any of this. The 15 team Coach K conference gets 3 bids and our beloved 11 team conference gets 6? The football conference gets 9 and a crappy Rocky mountain conference gets 6? Makes no sense.

I actually think the Mountain West teams are really good, and would be on par with many Big East teams this year. I don't know how we'd fare against Utah State, Boise State, New Mexico, etc.

I obviously want the team to be in, and it's fun following the bubble. I'm nervous about Thursday. But I also feel at peace with where we are. We lost a lot of games we should've won. We haven't earned a no brainer bid.
Since we started 4-1 in the Big East, I said all we need is a solo 5th to make the tournament. I’m slightly worried now though as we got to the 5th by going 1-7 against the teams ahead of us. Still think we get in.

We either need to beat SHU or have Providence and Nova not advance passed Thursday and just hope there not some weirdness in power 5 conferences tournaments. We don’t need a team like Virgina Tech winning the ACC.

So I guess it’s the definition of control our own destiny.

To me it's not only about getting in, but they also embarrassed us twice. @ SHU with that 28-0 run, then @ UBS with us blowing that 19 pnt lead.

This game is a double whammy to me. We better get this W on Thursday.

Gotta work Thursday, but I'll try your streaming link and watch on my phone.
Thanks for that link.

Last edited:
To me it's not only about getting in, but they also embarrassed us twice. @ SHU with that 28-0 run, then @ UBS with us blowing that 19 pnt lead.

This game is a double whammy to me. We better get this W on Saturday.
2:30 start should be late enough for students to get there and be "charged up". We need to have about 70-30 fan support or more.

I actually think the Mountain West teams are really good, and would be on par with many Big East teams this year. I don't know how we'd fare against Utah State, Boise State, New Mexico, etc.
I think all those MW teams would finish between 5th and 8th in the Big East and be sweating the bubble just like us, nova and providence 😂. Although I do believe Creighton lost an early one to someone out west so maybe they could pull a few surprises.

Back