Bubble Watch

Wouldn’t it be something if these bubble teams continue to struggle, we beat SHU, and a story after selection Sunday is, “how did the committee end up giving St. John’s & Rick Pitino a 10 seed and two games at Barclays in the East region?”

Still think if we ended up 6 seed getting chance at extra win and at worst going 1-1 still gave us a chance to get in even if DePaul. That extra win just looks better.

Now we must win against seton hall. We certainly can and should win this game. But I thought so last game too. Didn’t think we would win at their place without Pitino and dingle and whoever else was sick.
Wouldn‘t it follow then that Nova beating DePaul would help them the same way, and in turn help us? Big question is whether or not a Nova win vs DePaul and a loss vs Marquette is enough to move them to #30 in NET. And will Utah beating ASU move them up to #50.

I agree that beating Hall solves our issues, but also would love to get some NET help and get us clearly out of Dayton.

Wouldn‘t it follow then that Nova beating DePaul would help them the same way, and in turn help us? Big question is whether or not a Nova win vs DePaul and a loss vs Marquette is enough to move them to #30 in NET. And will Utah beating ASU move them up to #50.

I agree that beating Hall solves our issues, but also would love to get some NET help and get us clearly out of Dayton.
Yea. I just think that extra win at quick glance can make a difference. But us winning against seton hall definitely locks us in place no matter what with at worst a 10 seed.

If they win the whole thing and are still on the bubble, something went wrong ;)

But do think this tweet is a little overstated. I don't think they're all on equal footing like this tweet would suggest.
Yea I added their whole tournament thing after my original post and didn’t think about that bubble thing lol.

If they win the whole thing and are still on the bubble, something went wrong ;)

But do think this tweet is a little overstated. I don't think they're all on equal footing like this tweet would suggest.
I guess every team is technically on the bubble. Look at DePaul for example. All they have to do is win four games and they are a tournament lock.

The MVC is one of the conferences I thought would be most likely to have a bid thief, and that may happen if Drake pulls off the upset. Don't think they'd get a bid otherwise while Indiana St probably would with a loss. Hopefully Indiana St can come back in the second half.

The MVC is one of the conferences I thought would be most likely to have a bid thief, and that may happen if Drake pulls off the upset. Don't think they'd get a bid otherwise while Indiana St probably would with a loss. Hopefully Indiana St can come back in the second half.
This is where I need someone who knows math more than me to explain to me how their NET is 26. I can't even tell you their best OOC win because none of them are from high major. They split with Drake, and have a Quad 4 loss. Only 4 Q1/Q2 wins.

This is where I need someone who knows math more than me to explain to me how their NET is 26. I can't even tell you their best OOC win because none of them are from high major. They split with Drake, and have a Quad 4 loss. Only 4 Q1/Q2 wins.

Basically they beat up on a lot of decent to bad teams. It's similar to how our NET went up after blowing out a horrible DePaul team. I personally don't think they should get in over us with only 1 Quad 1 win, but a lot of brackets I think would have them in with a loss. Maybe head to head we could still beat them out even if we lose to Seton Hall.

Honestly, at this point down 16, the best thing may be to root for Drake to totally blow out them and hurt Indiana St's NET (the only reason they're on the bubble).

Basically they beat up on a lot of decent to bad teams. It's similar to how our NET went up after blowing out a horrible DePaul team. I personally don't think they should get in over us with only 1 Quad 1 win, but a lot of brackets I think would have them in with a loss. Maybe head to head we could still beat them out even if we lose to Seton Hall.

Honestly, at this point down 16, the best thing may be to root for Drake to totally blow out them and hurt Indiana St's NET (the only reason they're on the bubble).
It annoys me because the computers have beating up Bradley and other MVC schools as similarly (or more) impressive than battling good to very good teams every week. I get it's based on efficiency but both of these schools would be beat up by the end of the conference season. I think Butler's better than both

Back