Bubble Watch

How is the criteria to decide how many teams per each conference going to be any better though?
I don’t get paid enough for that but the Champions League is weighted on past performance for the conference. Maybe a mix of that and then automatically the next however many in NET or some crack pot ranking system.

It won’t happen but it sure beats the Willy nilly now

This is bs. Sorry but I demand anninvestigation. Who is this chair? The other conference has money in them? I guess Rick isn't money. Seton hall deserves it. We are probably the best toughest basketball league in the nation and only get 3 in but yes please tell me how good Virginia is?
Virginia only had 3 quad 1 wins but they were 8-3 in Quad 2. We had 4 quad 1 wins and what was our Quad 2 record?

Not knowing what the rules and criteria are to follow and are valued by the decision makers makes this whole process infuriating. And makes it exceedingly more difficult to follow this sport we all love.

We are not going to have to worry about this much longer as the field is going to expand real soon. A bigger ncaa tourney is going to be alot of fun.

Lots of good teams missed out this year. That wont happen w the expansion.

The Athletic Director of Butler was on the committee, what the hell was this guy doing???
We only had one win against a team that was in the field. I think that killed us more than anything.
Looking at what they did to the Big East, the bottom line for our conference going forward is , be ranked or go home.

Besides not getting and not playing Football in what else do we, the Hall, and Providence have in common. We are all Private, Catholic colleges. Could their be prejudice among the hillbillies?
As I saiid before, this year's NCAA tournament is Dead To Me. I will not watch nor will I particpate in the pools.

Here’s the mjmaherjr ncaa plan after conference champion auto bids

Quad 1 win=4 points
Quad 2 win=3 points
Quad 3 win=2 points
Quad 4 win=1 point

Most points takes the remaining spots

Another esteemed poster mentioned this yesterday to me. I think it’s a great idea.
Be careful. They may create a “formula” that deducts as many number of team’s possible that leaves the Big East with three teams yearly.

The criteria is not transparent. As someone mentioned they just use all the fraudulent ranking when they reach for something. Then, when you put it under a microscope none of it is consistent. As always it’s about feels.

Anyone know the official reason we turned down an NIT bid? All the other Big East teams other than two bottom feeders accepted a bid.

I was very confident one week ago that we were in and that the only reason we would not be in was what would happen in 3 or 4 crappy conferences.
Well, it happened in a half dozen conferences, none of them better than the Big East.
It was Murphey's Law on Saint Patrick's day.

I agree with Rick Pitino that the NET is a fraud and that there are questionable data inputs that affect the rankings of teams. The best example this season was the grossly over-ranked Mountain West Conference.

This 11 team conference bottom 5 teams; UNLV, WY, FRESNO, AF and San Jose had
NETS of 76, 155, 233, 269 and 243 respectively. Four teams has losing records!

The corresponding bottom 5 in the Big East were Seton Hall, Butler, Xavier, Georgetown and DePaul at 67, 68, 64, 205 and 320 respectively. TWO teams had losing records in the regular season.

The claim to fame of a couple of the 6 that got in from the MWC were wins over Saint Mary's and Gonzaga. Something stinks in Nevada and Colorado!!!

The NCAA selection committee knows what they did!

Giving the Big East FIVE NIT invitations (without SJ) doesn't forgive their odious bias.

St. John's is right to reject this NCAA mea culpa tournament in the age of NIL where there is minimal monetary gain in participation. Our best players are all moving on. There was no reason for bogus development of players.

FINALLY.......KILL the NIT and merge the 32 teams into the NCAA tournament since the formation of mega conferences will forever screw 28 of 33 conferences that are MEMBER institutions.

Last edited:
Didn’t know if 100% factual, still don’t but supposedly the team had good idea by yesterday they weren’t getting in. Like before even UNC game.

Back