Bubble Watch

I think that you bring up a good point and I will go a little further. I think that the committee along with many in the NCAA ranks did not like Pitino’s public criticism of his team and did not believe the narrative that it was done to motivate the team. Looking back, maybe it was not a good idea to publicly tell everyone- including the committee who would make the dance selections that your team is slow, can’t play defense and lack toughness. Oh well, I still believe in CRP and I am looking forward to portal season!
The Committee paid no attention to this and it had no bearing whatsoever.

I think that the committee along with many in the NCAA ranks did not like Pitino’s public criticism of his team and did not believe the narrative that it was done to motivate the team. Looking back, maybe it was not a good idea to publicly tell everyone- including the committee who would make the dance selections that your team is slow, can’t play defense and lack toughness.
Agree, this was not a good look.

What everyone is iterating….It doesn’t make sense. The ‘committee’ needs the make transparent their criteria for entry.

They acknowledged the Big East had 3 of the top 10 teams by their Standards. Seton hall and Providence beat 3 of their top ten teams multiple times and has good ‘metrics’ of their own…

I could see if they made Creighton a 7 seed or Marq a 5 seed… then it means they just didn’t respect the conference. But to put those two in their top 10 and then not one other BE team… it doesn’t make sense…

This is why it’s fruitless to try and use data to predict the field. Any one of us could come up with common sense guidelines that would make knowing the field totally transparent. The NCAA does not want that as they want to favor who they want to favor. An insane system which lists all kinds of factors but does not ever list how they are used ahead of the season is something that you do not see in anything except NCAA run sports.

It is what is - as I said earlier this week. A bug, not a feature of this sport. And enjoy the next few years at best because it’s going to get much worse. That is not a reaction to today, I have said that here many times.

(L)Ackerman and whatever lightweight stooges that work with her need to go scorched Earth on these losers.

They really needed to do this a week ago when 3 teams became even remotely possible. They should have been screaming and spitting.

This committee and the NCAA needs to be dragged so badly they are shitting bricks at the thought of being raked over the coals again for leaving a Big East team out.

We don’t have football but we do have huge media markets and we need to make them feel that now.

(L)Ackerman and whatever lightweight stooges that work with her need to go scorched Earth on these losers.

They really needed to do this a week ago when 3 teams became even remotely possible. They should have been screaming and spitting.

This committee and the NCAA needs to be dragged so badly they are shitting bricks at the thought of being raked over the coals again for leaving a Big East team out.

We don’t have football but we do have huge media markets and we need to make them feel that now.
As much as it irks me, it’s time for a Big East team to win another national championship just to prove a point. I think UConn can frankly.

Back