Bubble Watch

I would have loved for us to dance but to play devils advocate we had a few things going against us. We were 2-8 against the top 4 in our conference, we had only one notable non conference win (utah that melted in a bad conference) and DePaul and Gtown being atrocious killed the big east. I think our metrics and the eye test should have made us closer to to the cut line but we need to win more quality games next year and I think we will.

I would have loved for us to dance but to play devils advocate we had a few things going against us. We were 2-8 against the top 4 in our conference, we had only one notable non conference win (utah that melted in a bad conference) and DePaul and Gtown being atrocious killed the big east. I think our metrics and the eye test should have made us closer to to the cut line but we need to win more quality games next year and I think we will.
I'm not outraged about us at all. I'm outraged about us and Providence not even being considered, and Seton hall being out.

While a case can certainly be made that certain Big East teams didn't deserve it, a case can also be made that the NCAA is just funneling money to P5 schools with placing them in the tournament when it wasn't even warranted.

NCAA continues its hate of the big east. It’s too obvious now, they can’t stand that we didn’t die as a conference when they and the media proclaimed it when all the traitors left and with that stupid 30 for 30, it’s why they’re all pushing so hard for UConn to leave. They can’t stand us being the best conference for bball.

It was probably difficult for the committee to differentiate amongst st john's, PC and SH, so rather than disappoint one or two, the disappointed all three. A joke. The teams canibalized each other essentially.

Michigan State says "hold my beer."

Next year, just dont have an awful stretch like we did this year and we are in.

We are all disappointed we didnt get in, but we really have no one to blame but ourselves.
Our good stretch at the end passed the eye test and should have gotten us in over several other teams, even with fewer slots being available after Cinderella conference winners.

While a case can certainly be made that certain Big East teams didn't deserve it, a case can also be made that the NCAA is just funneling money to P5 schools with placing them in the tournament when it wasn't even warranted.
Yes, but 6, yes 6!, MWC schools??

Let the conspiracy theories begin...............

1) Football schools got favorite treatment?
2) Committee has a hard on for Pitino
3) Committee has never been favorable to SJU in general
4) Big East (arguable the best conference in the country) has terrible representation
Is it a conspiracy when its proven true??? Forget 2 and 3 for a minute but 1 and 4 are ABSOLUTELY valid...

No more NET. No more KenPom. Fake, meaningless bullshit. Whatever the criteria is, it can’t be found there.
I pay no attention to the threads or post that refer to them for several reasons. I have nothing against those who do but like anything else, they are used when you want to use them if it benefits you or your agenda and they are not used if they don’t.

New to the fourm, The one thing you have to remember is slick Rick will get no favors from the NCAA.

Anything close will go against him. They hate him since the problems at Louisville. Look at the match up they put him in at Iona last year. They made him play Uconn the one team iona could not match up against.

You guys will have a great team next year, he will get players, but remember the Ncaa loves to stick it to slick Rick.
I think that you bring up a good point and I will go a little further. I think that the committee along with many in the NCAA ranks did not like Pitino’s public criticism of his team and did not believe the narrative that it was done to motivate the team. Looking back, maybe it was not a good idea to publicly tell everyone- including the committee who would make the dance selections that your team is slow, can’t play defense and lack toughness. Oh well, I still believe in CRP and I am looking forward to portal season!

Maybe time to consider Yorman & BIG12 wanting to get into NY and considering a few BE schools
Big 12 has already made it known they have no interest in basketball without football despite Yorman’s desires. Otherwise they would have UConn.

Back