Bubble Watch

Guess the morons on the committee didn’t notice Virginia’s shiny 2-7 Quad 1 record.

If this is what kept us out, what is the excuse for SH? They destroyed Pukon (unquestionably the best team in the country). There is no doubt that the only metric that matters is getting big schools from big conferences in over BE bubble teams. We have NO margin for error. If we don’t go into the BE as a ranked team, we should assume no bid unless we win the BE tourney

69 KenPom, 54 NET, 55 BPI, 236th non-conference SOS. 2-7 Quad 1. Please, tell us more about these good metrics.

Yes, I would like him to expand on that statement. The I cherish the ACC metric doesn’t count though! Be specific.

I will say it once again. Forget these alleged experts!

WE ARE IN THE BIG DANCE!!!!!

BANK ON IT!!!!
Given my previous statement above (as well as other affirmative statements I made in this thread) I needed to state here: "That I am totally shocked by what happened!"

I guess the first thing I need to admit is that I am clearly no Joe Namath when it comes to guarantees and will be more cautious before I put out my guarantees in a public forum like this again. My Apologies to anyone who was misled by my optimistic point of view about us being in the field. I am still stunned by how dismissive the committee was of us.

Secondly, I just can not believe this committee only put three teams in from the Big East, when they put five teams in from the bad ACC and six teams in from the Mountain West.. They obviously were too busy drinking and shmoosing on Friday to watch us give UConn, by far, the best game they had during their Big East tournament run. This St. John's team had some real potential to do some damage here in the tournament. They were a hot team right now, who finally was gelling and that fact was totally ignored by the selection committee.

Thirdly, I get why as a Program you are skipping the NIT because that bar is too low, but for all the guys whose careers are now over it would have given them a final forum to show how wrong the committee was to have left them out.

Lastly, the three Big East teams that they took are 1, 2 and 3 seeds. They were clearly the three best teams in the conference, but we were fairly competitive with all three of those teams and Seton Hall beat both UConn and Marquette and fell to Creighton in triple overtime. I am sure there are numerous teams on the four through the eleven lines in this tournament who are not capable of that.

Last edited:
Given my previous statement above (as well as other affirmative statements I made in this thread) I needed to state here: "That I am totally shocked by what happened!"

I guess the first thing I need to admit is that I am clearly no Joe Namath when it comes to guarantees and will be more cautious before I put out my guarantees in a public forum like this again. My Apologies to anyone who was misled by my optimistic point of view about us being in the field. I am still stunned by how dismissive the committee was of us.

Secondly, I just can not believe this committee only put three teams in from the Big East, when they put five teams in from the bad ACC and six teams in from the Mountain West.. They obviously were too busy drinking and shmoosing on Friday to watch us give UConn, by far, the best game they had during their Big East tournament run. This St. John's team had some real potential to do some damage here in the tournament. They were a hot team right now, who finally was gelling and that fact was totally ignored by the selection committee.

Thirdly, I get why as a Program you are skipping the NIT because that bar is too low, but for all the guys whose careers are now over it would have given them a final forum to show how wrong the committee was to have left them out.

Lastly, the three Big East teams that they took are 1, 2 and 3 seeds. They were clearly the three best teams in the conference, but we were fairly competitive with all three of those teams and Seton Hall beat both UConn and Marquette and fell to Creighton in triple overtime. I am sure there are numerous teams on the four to eleven line in this tournament who are not capable of that.
no apology needed. A lot of us were of the same opinion. We had a very sketchy season. And made a great late run to enter the conversation. too many missed opportunities. The biggest travesty is only 3 bids. While i think we deserved to get in over the Hall, one of us should be in. As someone else said seems the committee was sent a message. Not sure what the message is but seems punitive.

A little bit surprised by RP’s take on not getting selected. I get the taking the high road. Would like for him to mention a little more about how good they were playing and how unfortunate it was for the kids.

To add insult to injury, UConn gets to play their first two games in Brooklyn, so we've got to deal with their horrendous fan base infiltrating the city again.

69 KenPom, 54 NET, 55 BPI, 236th non-conference SOS. 2-7 Quad 1. Please, tell us more about these good metrics.

This is bs. Sorry but I demand anninvestigation. Who is this chair? The other conference has money in them? I guess Rick isn't money. Seton hall deserves it. We are probably the best toughest basketball league in the nation and only get 3 in but yes please tell me how good Virginia is?

(L)Ackerman and whatever lightweight stooges that work with her need to go scorched Earth on these losers.

They really needed to do this a week ago when 3 teams became even remotely possible. They should have been screaming and spitting.

This committee and the NCAA needs to be dragged so badly they are shitting bricks at the thought of being raked over the coals again for leaving a Big East team out.

We don’t have football but we do have huge media markets and we need to make them feel that now.
I hope this tournament has its lowest ratings ever. Doubt it though

The explanations by the committee rings hollow to me because their bar is constantly moving and there is no transparency around their decision making process. I go back to 2019 when we got in and clearly did not deserve to and this year when we did not get in and definitely deserved to be invited. Neither of those decisions made sense and both ended badly.

Hopefully going forward we will make sure to have a record and a season that leaves us beyond any type of committee scrutiny.

One of the things that troubles me though is that the coach's stated goal of having us play our best ball when March rolls around was clearly achieved, and yet the committee chose to ignore that fact and ended our season prematurely.

Back