Bubble Watch

The reason Quad wins are BS is it’s measured at the end of the year. You might beat a team when they were 1 but then they slip for whatever reason but why should that diminish your win at the time. It all doesn’t make sense.
The problem with that is how do you measure the quality of a victory early in the season? Certainly cannot rely on a preseason ranking. So the "value" has to change over the course of a season.

Obviously stinks. Good metrics but at the same time they failed to close out a number of high quality chances to get key wins. That's on them.

Pitino did the right think taking the high road. I do feel bad for Dingle, Ledlum, Soriano, Jenkins etc. They stayed/came here for chance to play in NCAAT so coming up short hurts.

I was indifferent about the NIT. I have no issue with skipping it. Rick has more time to evaluate current roster and potential addition via Portal and potential late prep signings. I think he expects a better more cohesive team next year.

Lunardi just published an article on the teams who got snubbed. Check out this comment:

I also wonder if the ACC had more powerful in-room lobbying than the Big East. The latter had three legitimate bubble teams to the ACC's one, yet only Virginia broke through.

I was very confident one week ago that we were in and that the only reason we would not be in was what would happen in 3 or 4 crappy conferences.
Well, it happened in a half dozen conferences, non of them better than the Big East.
It was Murphey's Law on Saint Patrick's day.

I agree with Rick Pitino that the NET is a fraud and that there are questionable data inputs that affect the rankings of teams. The best example this season was the grossly over-ranked Mountain West Conference.

This 11 team conference bottom 5 teams; UNLV, WY, FRESNO, AF and San Jose had
NETS of 76, 155, 233, 269 and 243 respectively. Four teams has losing records!

The corresponding bottom 5 in the Big East were Seton Hall, Butler, Xavier, Georgetown and DePaul at 67, 68, 64, 205 and 320 respectively. TWO teams had losing records.

The claim to fame of a couple of the 6 that hot in from the MWC were wins over Saint Mary's and Gonzaga. Something stinks in Nevada and Colorado!!!

The NCAA selection committee knows what they did!

Giving the Big East FIVE NIT invitations (without SJ) doesn't forgive their odious bias.

St. John's is right to reject this NCAA mea culpa tournament in the age of NIL where there is minimal monetary gain in participation. Our best players are all moving on. There was no reason for bogus development of players.

FINALLY.......KILL the NIT and merge the 32 teams into the NCAA tournament since the formation of mega conferences will forever screw 28 of 33 conferences that are MEMBER institutions.
The NIT tourney is loaded. I wil actually watch it this year. Going to be a great tourney.

I agree. Expand the ncaa tourney and make it a mega tourney. Would be alot of fun.

Lunardi just published an article on the teams who got snubbed. Check out this comment:

I also wonder if the ACC had more powerful in-room lobbying than the Big East. The latter had three legitimate bubble teams to the ACC's one, yet only Virginia broke through.

That’s like wondering if Sydney Sweeney has a better body than Ellen.

Besides not getting and not playing Football in what else do we, the Hall, and Providence have in common. We are all Private, Catholic colleges. Could their be prejudice among the hillbillies?
As I saiid before, this year's NCAA tournament is Dead To Me. I will not watch nor will I particpate in the pools.
Don't think the issue is hillbillies, more like the enlightened who look at religious schools with disgust

The NIT tourney is loaded. I wil actually watch it this year. Going to be a great tourney.

I agree. Expand the ncaa tourney and make it a mega tourney. Would be alot of fun.
It's loaded with teams that got screwed by a tainted selection committee.
That mafia committee even invited Xavier with an overall losing record to try to placate the Big East.
Don't forget, this NIT is used by the NCAA to experiment with rules and to treat participants like rats in a lab experiment. Frankenstein needs to be killed off.
Whereas once the NIT was truly an "alternative tournament" with the championship played at the MECCA, MSG, it is has been reduced to a final at the rickety Butler field house.
P L E A S E!

Besides not getting and not playing Football in what else do we, the Hall, and Providence have in common. We are all Private, Catholic colleges. Could their be prejudice among the hillbillies?
As I saiid before, this year's NCAA tournament is Dead To Me. I will not watch nor will I particpate in the pools.
The guy in charge was the commish of the SWAC. The least successful conference in history. He should never be asked to chair anything but himself again

Football should go conference-less and basketball should go back to 12-team ones at most with more regional appeal. Nobody under .500 in conference should ever get in.

Regular season champs should be autobid and conference tourneys for weeding and seeding. Has a team with a losing record ever won a game in tourney? Nice story for a couple days after conference championships but they ultimately weaken product, no?

Obviously stinks. Good metrics but at the same time they failed to close out a number of high quality chances to get key wins. That's on them.

Pitino did the right think taking the high road. I do feel bad for Dingle, Ledlum, Soriano, Jenkins etc. They stayed/came here for chance to play in NCAAT so coming up short hurts.

I was indifferent about the NIT. I have no issue with skipping it. Rick has more time to evaluate current roster and potential addition via Portal and potential late prep signings. I think he expects a better more cohesive team next year.
STOP!
We had only TWO bad loses all year to Michigan and Boston College.
We had to play 3 top 10 teams twice.
A school with an NET of 32 is not in the last 4 out?
It is very obvious the rest of the college basketball world doesn't respect Val Ackerman. Time to hire a more vocal and respected commissioner.

(L)Ackerman and whatever lightweight stooges that work with her need to go scorched Earth on these losers.

They really needed to do this a week ago when 3 teams became even remotely possible. They should have been screaming and spitting.

This committee and the NCAA needs to be dragged so badly they are shitting bricks at the thought of being raked over the coals again for leaving a Big East team out.

We don’t have football but we do have huge media markets and we need to make them feel that now.
We also have a lot of damn good lawyer-alums.

Back