Bubble Watch

Time for some sort of Big East conference re-invention. In the late 70's northeastern schools weren't taken seriously and the original Big East was formed. Football raided us and we had 2.0, it's time for 3.0
It's time for the NCAA tournament to be reinvented and kill the NIT. PERIOD!

We are not going to have to worry about this much longer as the field is going to expand real soon. A bigger ncaa tourney is going to be alot of fun.

Lots of good teams missed out this year. That wont happen w the expansion.
There arguably are good teams left out every year and will continue to be unless you invite in everyone.

I am not in favor of an increase but you are right, they will increase it and for any holdouts, they will use this year’s selection as a reason they need to add more teams. An increase to at least 72 will happen with a further increase in everyone’s mind. Money talks.

The problem with the NCAA tournament is you don‘t get in because of your record but are selected by a committee with no definite rules concerning selection. Why they select one team over another is a mystery.
The coaches are aware of this flawed system so the new college football league monopolized by the big10 and SEC made it mandatory that three teams from each of those leagues will get in the championship tournament every year, not leaving it up to any committee.
With the complaints concerning this years basketball tournament mounting I expect the NCAA will form a committee that will review and possibly revise how the current selection committee is formed which will double the chances of screwing things up.

Guess the morons on the committee didn’t notice Virginia’s shiny 2-7 Quad 1 record.

Quad 1 records:

Alabama: 4-10
Gonzaga 3-6
SD St 4-9
Wisconsin 5-9
Michigan St 3-9
Texas 5-9
Miss St 4-9
SJU 4-10
TCU 5-11
Northwestern 4-7
Virginia 2-7

If you are going to f'ng lie, then at least know your facts. Now, if you were to separate out the Q1A games, then my guess would be that you have a point...but my guess is that Bubba doesn't even know that stat. (We were 1-7 in those games)

I think committee does get breakouts like that. If so, just make that public and bake it into official NET ranking

Use net as the official tool, not committee. Without data, just an opinion.

I just dont have that big a problem with us being left out. Pitino had to go nuclear cause we were so bad at one point.

Did we have a great end of the season, yes. Could we beat probably half of the teams in the ncaa tournament, yes.

Do we have anyone but ourselves to blame for the terrible stretch of basketball we played in January and Feb, no.

I just dont have that big a problem with us being left out. Pitino had to go nuclear cause we were so bad at one point.

Did we have a great end of the season, yes. Could we beat probably half of the teams in the ncaa tournament, yes.

Do we have anyone but ourselves to blame for the terrible stretch of basketball we played in January and Feb, no.
It’s the disrespect to the conference that is the much bigger issue. The committee could have left Virginia out for SH and nobody would have complained. It would have been 4-4 for the ACC and Big East in a historically bad year for the ACC.

They didn’t fear the reaction from screwing the Big East one bit.

It’s the disrespect to the conference that is the much bigger issue. The committee could have left Virginia out for SH and nobody would have complained. It would have been 4-4 for the ACC and Big East in a historically bad year for the ACC.

They didn’t fear the reaction from screwing the Big East one bit.
Seton Hall could not even win 1 conference tourney game. Heck they werent even competitive in that game.

The conference had 3 great teams and then a bunch of bubble teams.

We need to be one of those 3 great teams next year.

The 3 big east teams that deserved to get in got in.

Seton Hall could not even win 1 conference tourney game. Heck they werent even competitive in that game.

The conference had 3 great teams and then a bunch of bubble teams.

We need to be one of those 3 great teams next year.

The 3 big east teams that deserved to get in got in.
You’re wrong yet again. The 4th best team in the Big East should get in every goddamn year no matter what. The bidding should start at 5, but under no circumstances should the 4th best Big East team get denied.

You’re wrong yet again. The 4th best team in the Big East should get in every goddamn year no matter what. The bidding should start at 5, but under no circumstances should the 4th best Big East team get denied.
Just looking at recent games, seton hall lost:

By 20 to st johns
By 30 to uconn
By 20 to creighton
By 25 to villanova
By 20 to marquette

Every couple games they got taken behind the woodshed.

Again, the big east teams on the bubble all had major issues and in the end, didnt get in.

You want in, be better.

especially when that 4th place team went 13-7, beat the first and second place team and was robbed by the refs against the 3rd place team. I would like to know if any P6 conference team has ever had a 13-7 record and not made the tournament? (Just checked Clemson last year went 14-6 in conference and did not make it, but they had 5 Q3+4 losses and only had 1 win against the NET Top 40 which is a completely different resume than Seton Hall this year)

Honestly they should have been in as well.
Once SHU wasn’t in we were screwed. They beat us 2-1 had a better record overall and in conference and they had the single biggest win of the season, not just in conference but overall.

Seton Hall should have been a 9 and we should have been a 10.

Rico Bosco just now on Fanta's Twitter Tournament Talk:

"I've been trolling them all year, but St. John's got screwed."

Also was looking to fight with Zach who dipped out right before Bosco got on. 😁

Lessons the players hopefully learned from this

1. Don’t leave your fate in hands of others
2. People often have agendas
3. There are no such thing as close losses, a loss is a loss
4. Life is often a popularity contest and it matters who your friends are
5. Polls are often wrong
6. Don’t ever rely on just quant metrics
7. Don’t dig yourself a hole too deep to climb out of
8. Come back, work hard to