(BET) (AP #2) #1 Connecticut, Fri., Mar. 15, 5:30p, FOX

Bob Hurley Sr is treated like the patron saint of high school hoops, but if you've ever watched a St. Anthony's game you'd know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Give me coaches like Jack Curran and Morgan Wooten any day all day.
I get he is Coaches father. However, at one point he was literally on the bench then the floor when they were screaming at O’Grady. Weird.

Here is the thing if Danny was our coach we winning national champions I'm sure we will love his craziness. But he would be crucified by us and media by challenging fans to fights ...... so I'm glad we don't have him. Rick is building us a foundation and future here . He'll would consider Rick's son as a replacement . I'm sure Rick will
Have a say on his successor as long as it's Brian Mahoney lol.

Bob Hurley Sr is treated like the patron saint of high school hoops, but if you've ever watched a St. Anthony's game you'd know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Give me coaches like Jack Curran and Morgan Wooten any day all day.
Being a big fan of then CHSAA, you always knew Curran was one of the gentlemen of sport. Of course his best Molly team was the Kenny Anderson/Robert Werdann squad, who were like rock stars when they came to your gym (like they did during my high school days at St. John’s Prep).

But he was a teacher, in the classroom and the basketball court.
Throw in the fact he was also a great baseball coach for many years and is in the NYC high school hall of fame for both sports.

The guy is now likely a hall of fame coach but literally gets into it with the fans once a week. We all love passion, but guy definitely carries a chip on his shoulder for not being his old man’s favorite. Do not like the fact that he claims illness for being a whiny asshole.

Hurley Sr. could be a game day support system volunteer. Imagine how much more unhinged would he be if his father wasn’t there.
I thought of that as well. Having him there might be deliberate. He seems to have anger management issues and maybe they want the old man around to calm him down.

it was fun to be at the game last night. As a basketball fan very enjoyable to watch. As a St johns fan, stressful. fortunately my row was mainly st johns fans. we had a few mistakes which is all uconn needs. RJ, love him. but he needs yo keep his head up for the open man in the corner when driving. Either way, they represented very well. Daniss is a stud, hands down. we are nowhere without him. I hope Joel finds his confidence back. nothing that happened last night should derail how well we are playing. uconn is loaded with weapons

Of late we are turning ball over very little and moving rock much better. Now about failing to get back in transition & yielding too many easy buckets, please see me in my office Rick 😇
Bingo. I truly believe that if we played better defense we had a shot yesterday. Obviously scoring 90 and losing a college game is not good. Giving up 95 with way, way too many easy buckets is disappointing.

However, this was a problem all season long. I think RP tried to course correct. We looked like we showed a little zone yesterday. No matter. We just didn’t get the commitment to D or the guys just aren’t good enough defensive players.

Our zone is balls

I thought the Gonzaga team 3 years ago was the best offensive team I had seen in a decade or so. They then almost lost to UCLA and then got manhandled by Baylor in the title game.

This UCONN team is awfully close. I honestly don't know how you guard them. You have to play man because they will shoot you out of the building if you go zone. But then you have to chase their shooters around screens for all game and then they run that weak side drag screen and throw the lob to Samson or Clingan.

I said after they beat PC I think Danny built the perfect team.
“Danny”? That’s too much respect for a guy known as a cry baby, arrogant and overall asshole. What other coach in college has challenged fans in the stands at least three times that we know?
Are you a Fordham fan?

Back