(BET) (AP #2) #1 Connecticut, Fri., Mar. 15, 5:30p, FOX

Anyone hear Hurley post game, where he says he was looking forward to Marquette tonight because they had classy fans.

Was happy with our crowd tonight. We
Played the best team in the country, and they knew going in they were the best. We’ll get there… we will.
They felt us…Overheard UCONN fans sitting behind us saying they were nervous with ~8 minutes to go

They felt us…Overheard UCONN fans sitting behind us saying they were nervous with ~8 minutes to go
We were sitting ahead of two maniacs (who were actually nice people, hate to say lol). They’re definitely scared of what pitino can build here but also happy saint johns is finally good again.

Yes I heard his comment. He basically accused St. John's fans of having little to no class.
Pot calling kettle black…his is a whining weasel…there is no call against UCONN that is a good call…and his stare down MO is beyond old

When they brought the lacrosse team one game it was better. They should pay the kids that cheer. Maybe organize some type of fan group like Pitino's Bandits. It's hard but not impossible.

As far as the rest of the fanbase I think many have PTSD from the last 25 years and are frozen. Hopefully we can win a game in the NCAA's bring in a good team next year and loosen up. Also seat selection should be based on how much you are willing to cheer.
Too many fans who seem to be above it all…we can‘t even sustain a “Defense“ cheer… sat next to a Dad and his 16 year old kid visiting from Memphis (big Vol fans)…during 2nd game, Dad says he is bored because we were no longer screaming…loved the passion…they were rooting for us

Apologies if this was covered. So who was the poster front row in the red jacket? Kudos for pissing off Hurley.. although it doesn't take much.
The guy who designed Looie’s famous sweater based on that jacket 😇

My point is a UConn is going to score, no matter how good your D is; they run good offense, space the floor well, move without the ball, share the ball, shoot well, etc. So IMO, they are going to get a certain amount of open looks; I don’t think there was an inordinate amount of those against out D when set up but that is a subjective judgement so I certainly understand that maybe you did. Anyway, I can generally accept those, part of the game.
What I can’t accept is what I referenced, ‘gift” points through lack of a commitment to running the court hard, fighting hard for the ball and playing basic fundamental basketball which the lack of by SJU was clearly the difference in the game to me.
Transition defense was absolutely the biggest problem along with too many open 3s. Don’t want to pile on Joel, but his season long habit of switching on the perimeter once again hurts us and resulted in the lobs and open 3s…I can‘t fathom the fact that this has persisted this long. It’s like death and taxes.

Joel is an unathletic big man whose main job in this offense is to set high screens and get offensive rebounds in a guard oriented offense. What exactly did you think he was going to do today against two quality big guys? 20 and 10?

He didnt play great but he battled all night. When somebody accuses a player of not showing up that doesn't mean he played like shit, that means he didnt try. Joel gave effort tonight. Thats all I'm saying.

Transition defense was absolutely the biggest problem along with too many open 3s. Don’t want to pile on Joel, but his season long habit of switching on the perimeter once again hurts us and resulted in the lobs and open 3s…I can‘t fathom the fact that this has persisted this long. It’s like death and taxes.
Can’t blame Joel for that you got to figure he is doing as instructed. I’ve mentioned how badly we defend the pick n roll all season.

Anyone hear Hurley post game, where he says he was looking forward to Marquette tonight because they had classy fans.
Can Eric confirm what the odds are that he is still calling Marqeutte fans classy by the end of tonight’s game? I think I found the lock of the week.

That was a dig at us and Providence because those are two of the fan bases he had recent altercations with (and Prov was playing Marquette). Along with Creighton lol. Sense a pattern.

Back