(BET) (AP #2) #1 Connecticut, Fri., Mar. 15, 5:30p, FOX

The constant problem

Yet he constantly forces them to guard 94 feet with that stupid press. I think it took this board 4 games to figure out that this team doesn’t have the personnel to run that defense.

It’s infuriating especially when we had so many guys busting their ass today. I didn’t have an illusions that we were going to come out and shock the world today, but you had your starters playing like men on fire everyone moving the ball and during what their best at. Alleyne and Zuby were giving you quality off the bench. We could have really made this a competitive game. Yet we press and give major minutes to a guy that just cannot play defense at a big east level yet. I’ve been overly hard on Luis, but everyone has their strengths and weakness. It’s imperative we do more position our plays we’re their strength lay and hide their weakness. UConn knew enough to get favorable match ups against RJ and we didn’t know enough to say, we either have to role with Taylor and accept the offensive drop off or find a way to help RJ.

I don’t care about stats, I judge by the eye test and to me he did very, very little positively to impact that game. And we watched different games because I saw very little effort, I saw a lot of standing around watching and very little “battling”. We just disagree.
Joel seemed to have lost every 50-50 ball in the second half last night, and was picked on again on defense. He will jump at ANYTHING remotely close to the paint. Just think its clear he doesn't fit Pitino's system at all.

Team played with heart. They tried their best. UConn is a well oiled machine. We will be one soon under RP. Did I mention how I can’t stand Hurley? He is a cry baby. I think it shows how much of a mental midget he is when he complains to get a fan ejected. RJ will have better bball IQ next season.

The student engagement was extremely disappointing, sort of has been throughout the year.
When they brought the lacrosse team one game it was better. They should pay the kids that cheer. Maybe organize some type of fan group like Pitino's Bandits. It's hard but not impossible.

As far as the rest of the fanbase I think many have PTSD from the last 25 years and are frozen. Hopefully we can win a game in the NCAA's bring in a good team next year and loosen up. Also seat selection should be based on how much you are willing to cheer.

We were a Big man away from the B.E. Championship but all respect to Joel he played hard. Team vs team stats were very close % etc. Played them dead even in second half. We are sooooo close. We need a heckuva recruiting class. Lots to replace. Hope the recruits/xfers want to be a part of winning in NYC, MSG and B.E.

Apologies if this was covered. So who was the poster front row in the red jacket? Kudos for pissing off Hurley.. although it doesn't take much.
Some gas trader who is a personal friend of Pitino. He claims he didn’t curse at Hurley, but if he did I don’t give him kudos.

Team played with heart. They tried their best. UConn is a well oiled machine. We will be one soon under RP. Did I mention how I can’t stand Hurley? He is a cry baby. I think it shows how much of a mental midget he is when he complains to get a fan ejected. RJ will have better bball IQ next season.
RJ, with an augmented bball IQ, would be a very dangerous player. Maybe a Devin Carter like player.

An aside...I was in a Dunkin Donuts restaurant a couple of weeks ago. The uniforms the workers wore all had Husky logos on them. That's the kind of corporate engagement we need in order to compete with UCONN. We can't depend on one or two generous donors...and the nickels and dimes we kick in for NIL wont get it done.

Must say that I'm not fully impressed with Clingan. Yes. He can block some shots, but he's limited offensively and always seems to be in foul trouble.
If he stays 4 years like Edey , he might add more to his game . But , he probably opts for NBA at end of season .

Pitino would run his butt off to get in better shape . He’s had foot problems in the past too . He was much too strong for Soriano
Wasn’t much of a factor due to fouls but , they have so many other offensive weapons he doesn’t need to score 20.
Just rebound , block shots , muscle people out of the way , etc .

The student engagement was extremely disappointing, sort of has been throughout the year.
This has been a problem forever. It's simple to fix: FREE COURTSIDE seats and FREE TRANSPORTATION to and from MSG for 1,000 students.

For some reason, I think that we'll be playing Providence on Saturday. I don't know why. I just have a hunch.

I dislike him so much that if the Knicks heaven forbid draft this guy, I will root for the other team whenever he is on the floor.
Spencer is a guy you hate when he plays for the other team but would love to have him playing for you!!

Last edited:
We were a Big man away from the B.E. Championship but all respect to Joel he played hard. Team vs team stats were very close % etc. Played them dead even in second half. We are sooooo close. We need a heckuva recruiting class. Lots to replace. Hope the recruits/xfers want to be a part of winning in NYC, MSG and B.E.
I wish Storr had chosen to stay. We could have used his offense at the 4. It looks like his transfer worked out for him. As good as Ledlum was at times this year and the fight he showed, he is not a 4 in the Big East (too short). I am looking forward to the NCAA's and the years to come with Rick at the helm.

Back