Around the Big East

UConn is scary good
Yes, they are.

I really hated the fact that the conference let UConn crawl back into the Big East. Very sorry that it happened. For me, they are by far the most despised of all of our Big East opponents.

That all said, barring injuries they look like a team that could definitely win the National Championship. I will be really surprised if they don't completely dominate our conference. I don't see another Big east team that can play with them. I hope I am wrong, but it seems pretty clear to me at this point.

Yes, they are.

I really hated the fact that the conference let UConn crawl back into the Big East. Very sorry that it happened. For me, they are by far the most despised of all of our Big East opponents.

That all said, barring injuries they look like a team that could definitely win the National Championship. I will be really surprised if they don't completely dominate our conference. I don't see another Big east team that can play with them. I hope I am wrong, but it seems pretty clear to me at this point.
Nobody has ever gotten through a Big East season undefeated.

I don't know if UCONN, but they look as good as anyone ever to do it (certainly when combined with the rest of the conference being down, as a whole).

Only question is what will they do when they get into an inevitable close game, on the road? They've had no opportunity to work on that. In a way, they'd be better off getting into one early in Big East play, just to get some experience with that.

Just to add to my last post about UCONN, they play LIU on Saturday. They'll probably be 40 point favorites.

Say a prayer for Rod Strickland on Saturday.

UConn is scary good
Man they really are. Too much shooting and too much size. Their starters are really good and then they bring in this 7’2 monster and another sharpshooter off the bench.

I’ve always praised Hurley as a recruiter and been down on him as a coach but watching them this season…they’re playing good defense and sharing the ball. That’s coaching. Gotta give it up for him. I was wrong. They look like a Final Four team early on.

Last edited:
Hurley is obviously an obnoxious, cocky guy, but he has won at every stop including Wagner. His recruiting has always been a strong suit and he put together excellent staff to complement him there.

Hurley obviously has the resources now to really play the recruiting and transfer game and one look at his roster confirms that. There is no doubt that UConn will be a national force under his direction, which may be annoying to us, but a money maker for the Conference. The wild card would be their football program getting better enough to merit absorption into a better conference, but that would take time & may never happen.

Hurley is obviously an obnoxious, cocky guy, but he has won at every stop including Wagner. His recruiting has always been a strong suit and he put together excellent staff to complement him there.

Hurley obviously has the resources now to really play the recruiting and transfer game and one look at his roster confirms that. There is no doubt that UConn will be a national force under his direction, which may be annoying to us, but a money maker for the Conference. The wild card would be their football program getting better enough to merit absorption into a better conference, but that would take time & may never happen.

In addition, they probably are in great shape with the NIL in comparison to the rest of the conference. That state treats the team like a pro franchise, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're raking it in. This will only help Hurley with landing major recruits

Nova clearly lacks a solid point guard, but Whitmore and Dixon will be quite a challenge for us at their place 12/21. Whitmore is awesome freshman who seems to be recovering from injury well;

Georgetown out of the gate quick against Syracuse. Let's see if Syracuse has a quick burst back.

Back