Around the Big East

Based on recruit rankings, we are on the bottom of the BE. Hopefully the intangibles, team play, hard work, chemistry, conditioning, discipline, player development,etc. will make up for it.

It sure feels like all big east schools except SJU are now allowed to fill twenty man rosters.

[quote="fordham96" post=395094]UCONN set to land a legit top 50 dhooting gusrd.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1290285566458642432?s=19[/quote]

Couldn’t tell from the link. Is this referring to Hawkins? I know Seton Hall folks think/thought they were getting him based on the Skinn/DMV connect and they’ve been on him for a long time. If Hurley grabs Hawkins after taking Sanogo there may be a revolt by the Hall faithful.

[quote="Paultzman" post=395291]:) :) :)

https://twitter.com/blauds/status/1290976712629657601?s=21[/quote]

now that most of the P5 football schools cancelling the non conference games because of COVID it was difficult for Yukon, as a football Independent to duck tape together a replacement schedule.

IMO it is just a matter of time before Yukon gives up the illusions of getting the golden ticket to join the AAC or Big10.

The first domino to fall
I hate to say it, but I see much more to come
While they're at it, UConn should just disband the football program
May be the worst one in Division I

Unlike the other college football programs, this actually saves the state of Connecticut money :)

Not surprising.

Yukon ids a football Independent.

Most/ if not all of the P% conferences have cancelled out of conference games because of COVID.

Yukon's schedule had 5 P5 games scheduled against: UNC, UVA, Illinois, Indiana, and Mississippi.

Without those 5 games then it is not worth having a football season.

somewhere in the state of Connecticut there is a former poster on this site with a big smile on his face over the fact that Yukon cancelled its football season.

[quote="SJU14" post=395299]Unlike the other college football programs, this actually saves the state of Connecticut money :)[/quote] A lot of people don’t realize it, but unless your a power 5 program, football looses money. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of programs not playing in fall.

[quote="richard A Steinfeld" post=395352][quote="SJU14" post=395299]Unlike the other college football programs, this actually saves the state of Connecticut money :)[/quote] A lot of people don’t realize it, but unless your a power 5 program, football looses money. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of programs not playing in fall.[/quote]

“Buy” games keep football and basketball teams afloat out of the power conferences

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
The Big East and Big Ten are two conferences that have discussed using a bubble for basketball this season, per sources. However, it’s just one of multiple options that has been discussed.
11:40 AM · Aug 6, 2020

Top-50 wing Jordan Hawkins just committed to UConn, he tells @Rivals.

Corey Evans
UConn enters the national rankings with the eighth best class. Don’t expect for Huskies to be done yet, either.

Villanova, UConn and then DePaul round out the top three classes in the Big East.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a killer to see UCONN net so many highly-sought after recruits.
Hurley's sideline antics may be irritating for opposing fans, but he's a good coach.
He'll be a tough out in the Big East.

Back