Around the Big East

This Portland team has either played well above their level for the entirety of this tournament or they are a very capable team.

We all agreed that this was a must dance year for the Johnnies. Bad news is Big East will be lucky to get five teams in at this rate. Good news, based on what I've seen, is there is no reason we can't finish 4th or even 3rd in BE. Creighton & UCONN probably better than us and Xavier might be. But I'm not afraid of any other Big East teams based on what I've seen (haven't seen Marquette yet).

Holy crap, they are scheduled to play Kansas this week I think. That could be a long night for the Hall.

Even worse I believe the game is at Kansas.
With how KU has looked, I could still see that game being close. Kansas lost a lot from last year and Self is molding those guys together. They have Wilson and Harris still, but otherwise many new pieces. Close wins over Southern Utah, NC State and Wisconsin. Double-digit loss to Tenn. Of course playing at Phog Allen is one of the more difficult venues.

With how KU has looked, I could still see that game being close. Kansas lost a lot from last year and Self is molding those guys together. They have Wilson and Harris still, but otherwise many new pieces. Close wins over Southern Utah, NC State and Wisconsin. Double-digit loss to Tenn. Of course playing at Phog Allen is one of the more difficult venues.
Who knows it’s early. Although, it sounds like a “get right game” at home for Kansas. Anything can happen, I suppose.

This Portland team has either played well above their level for the entirety of this tournament or they are a very capable team.
Their coach Shantay Legans is really good. Basically the west coast version of Shaheen Holloway except Legans is the offensive minded coach. He might as well be recruiting for Oregon State at this point

The Hall were very fortunate they didn’t lose all 3 games in Orlando. Memphis coughed the ball up in the final minutes and Samuel hit a buzzer beater 3 point bank shot.
Of course, if they did lose that game, they would have faced Nebraska in game 2, rather than Oklahoma, so they probably win that. Can't just assume they would go 0-3 had they lost that game.

We all agreed that this was a must dance year for the Johnnies. Bad news is Big East will be lucky to get five teams in at this rate. Good news, based on what I've seen, is there is no reason we can't finish 4th or even 3rd in BE. Creighton & UCONN probably better than us and Xavier might be. But I'm not afraid of any other Big East teams based on what I've seen (haven't seen Marquette yet).
I don’t think we better than Xavier. Xavier giving Gonzaga all they can handle right now. They have a couple of guys who really shoot it. We should be able to finish fourth.

Rule number 1 Just because one team looks good for a game against an opponent doesn’t mean they will play the same again next game. Have to always remember this when gambling as well. This has happened countless times in all sports this year especially the nfl. From 1 week to the next it’s amazing. Have to put blinders on. But it’s also here in college as well.

St. John’s can beat any team in the big east and I predict we beat every team at least once.

Over on the Seton Hall board, natives are aleady getting restless about Holloway's coaching; and he about his team:
"I'm not used to coaching teams like that." Not prepared, bad attitudes, negativity.

That's quite a quote in your 7th game coaching this team.
Holloway:

"Came out flat. No energy. Never been a part of something where guys don't want to play basketball. Saw it this morning in the walk-through. We had nothing.”

That's quite a quote in your 7th game coaching this team.
Holloway:

"Came out flat. No energy. Never been a part of something where guys don't want to play basketball. Saw it this morning in the walk-through. We had nothing.”

I like Holloway, but man does he come with excuses and blame everyone but himself. He was complaining this summer when he missed out on recruits blaming NIL. Now he's blaming his players after his first bad loss. If you get out recruited or your players or not prepared, that falls on the coaching staff.

Back