Around College Basketball

Rothstein

Sources: As Winthrop continues to push towards hosting a preseason bubble in college basketball, event planners are aiming to put together a field that will feature 16 high-major programs and 4 mid-major programs.

Rothstein

Source: The 2020 Maui Invitational is considering Harrah's Cherokee Center in Asheville, North Carolina as a potential location.

Field includes North Carolina, Indiana, Alabama, Texas, Stanford, Providence, UNLV, and Davidson.

[quote="Paultzman" post=397535]BREAKING: #PennState's director of athletic medicine, Wayne Sebastianelli, says that cardiac MRI scans revealed that roughly 30-35 percent of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 appeared to have myocarditis.

[URL]https://www.centredaily.com/sp...university/psu-football/article245448050.html[/URL][/quote]

Seems like there's still so much we are learning about the long term effects of this virus. I hope this athletes will be OK.

Rothstein

Sources: The NCAA is considering allowing college basketball teams to work out on the court for up to eight hours a week instead of four, beginning in late September.

An official decision could come soon.

Source: The 2020 Islands of the Bahamas Showcase is moving to Naples, Florida.

Field includes Austin Peay, Drake, Drexel, Iona, Loyola Marymount, and Toledo.
Rothstein

[quote="Paultzman" post=397583]Rothstein

Sources: The NCAA is considering allowing college basketball teams to work out on the court for up to eight hours a week instead of four, beginning in late September.

An official decision could come soon.[/quote]
What's to consider? Is 8 hours more inherently dangerous than four over the course of a week. Why not just say 7:45 if you're so concerned (ridiculous).

[quote="Paultzman" post=397585]Source: The 2020 Islands of the Bahamas Showcase is moving to Naples, Florida.

Rothstein[/quote]

Peay still got that Fly Williams kid?

[quote="Paultzman" post=397585]Source: The 2020 Islands of the Bahamas Showcase is moving to Naples, Florida.

Rothstein[/quote] Hmmm someone else is moving to Naples also

Sources: While extenuating circumstances due to COVID-19 can change things, the NCAA is still planning to play the 2021 NCAA Tournament in March and early April and not move it to later dates in the calendar.
Rothstein

[quote="jerseyshorejohnny" post=397613][quote="Monte" post=397607][quote="Paultzman" post=397585]Source: The 2020 Islands of the Bahamas Showcase is moving to Naples, Florida.

Rothstein[/quote]

Peay still got that Fly Williams kid?[/quote]

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/122438-fly-is-open-lets-go-peay

Fly is Open Let's Go Peay[/quote]

Your comment reminds me of a funny story. A few winters ago, I went to a golf clinic in South Florida, run by LPGA Hall of Famers Meg Mallon and Beth Daniel. During a Q & A, someone asked Beth where she played college golf. She went to Furman University, a religious school in South Carolina. Their nickname was the Christian Knights, so when she went to the football games, the student body would chant "F.U.C.K'. The administration promptly changed the nickname to the Paladins.

Rothstein
Source: The ACC will propose that ever single team in Division 1 will make the 2021 NCAA Tournament.

Seems a reach considering the times and imo devalues the Dance

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote="MarkRedman" post=397805][quote="jerseyshorejohnny" post=397613][quote="Monte" post=397607][quote="Paultzman" post=397585]Source: The 2020 Islands of the Bahamas Showcase is moving to Naples, Florida.

Rothstein[/quote]

Your comment reminds me of a funny story. A few winters ago, I went to a golf clinic in South Florida, run by LPGA Hall of Famers Meg Mallon and Beth Daniel. During a Q & A, someone asked Beth where she played college golf. She went to Furman University, a religious school in South Carolina. Their nickname was the Christian Knights, so when she went to the football games, the student body would chant "F.U.C.K'. The administration promptly changed the nickname to the Paladins.[/quote]

One of my favorite basketball memories is of the late Bobby Williams (who led the NYC basketball HoF for decades) in 1963 when NYU played the Paladins in the old MSG . There was a rebound between two Furman players (one may have been all Southern Conference Gerry Glur) and from between them up came this unstoppable force called Bobby Williams to take it away. I think the ball then moved from Williams to Kramer to Hairston for a dunk.

[quote="Paultzman" post=397832]Rothstein
Source: The ACC will propose that ever single team in Division 1 will make the 2021 NCAA Tournament.

Seems a reach considering the times and imo devalues the Dance[/quote]

This sounds like a ridiculous idea. Not only devalues the Dance, but the regular season too. Sounds like a money grab by the NCAA.

I guess the bracketologists will be out of a job soon.

[quote="Paultzman" post=397832]Rothstein

We'd still probably manage to be on the bubble. :sick:

[quote="bamafan" post=397837][quote="Paultzman" post=397832]Rothstein

We'd still probably manage to be on the bubble. :sick:[/quote]

LOL! But with the pessimism of this group, I wouldn't expect anything different!

[quote="fuchsia" post=397833][quote="MarkRedman" post=397805][quote="jerseyshorejohnny" post=397613][quote="Monte" post=397607][quote="Paultzman" post=397585]Source: The 2020 Islands of the Bahamas Showcase is moving to Naples, Florida.

Rothstein[/quote]

Your comment reminds me of a funny story. A few winters ago, I went to a golf clinic in South Florida, run by LPGA Hall of Famers Meg Mallon and Beth Daniel. During a Q & A, someone asked Beth where she played college golf. She went to Furman University, a religious school in South Carolina. Their nickname was the Christian Knights, so when she went to the football games, the student body would chant "F.U.C.K'. The administration promptly changed the nickname to the Paladins.[/quote]

One of my favorite basketball memories is of the late Bobby Williams (who led the NYC basketball HoF for decades) in 1963 when NYU played the Paladins in the old MSG . There was a rebound between two Furman players (one may have been all Southern Conference Gerry Glur) and from between them up came this unstoppable force called Bobby Williams to take it away. I think the ball then moved from Williams to Kramer to Hairston for a dunk.[/quote]. I will ask for forgiveness before my post because I dislike having a good post ruined by facts . Furman University here in SC mascot name is the Paladins . It was the Christian Knights until 1963 when it was changed for the reasons mentioned . But , Meg Mallon , a great Women’s Golfer would not have been at Furman until the 8o’s or so . Thus , never having to hear F.U. C.K at a football game or otherwise . Another one about Mascots here in SCarolina is the Univ of SCarolina Gamecocks There is a lot of School Merchandise , Hats , Shirts , Etc with just this : Go Cocks embroidered . Just saying . Everyone smiles though .

Back