Around College Basketball

Still he had already dealt with the portal for this year. Seems awful odd to retire now (meaning right before the season starts). I hope it isn't a health issue. Maybe he's trying to preserve this redshirt?
Maybe his heart isn’t in it anymore. Some folks know when to say when. Possible had been thinking about it in the back of his mind but thought he could go on. It could be as the grind went on this fall he might of just woke up and said “I don’t want to do this anymore” and retired. If your heart isn’t in it anymore, it will reflect in the job you do and people will pick up on it. So instead of doing a disservice to his team and himself he thought it would be best if he left now.

Of course I could be dead wrong on one or both the reasoning for and the timing of the move. As stated by others I hope it is not health related and me personally, I also hope he wasn’t forced out due to some unknown potential scandal.

BTW-UVA beat Louisville in 2016. Pitino's press conference was great. He praised Bennett and UVA for their defensive brilliance.

But notice how he criticized his team. He literally goes thru the entire roster and says that his team is not a good defensive team because of "lack of experience and physical weakness..." Notice something similar. "Physical weakness..." And nobody said boo. Two days later they beat number 1 UNC.

Go to 3:30 and then watch...

Back