Around College Basketball

The Big East is terrific, it is not the best conference in the country.

Maybe 3rd, perhaps even 4th.
You go by quantity. Me I'm a quality guy. Go back the past 10 years, count the number of national championships won by each conference, then double that number. It's easy math. Try it another way. How many BIG EAST schools got invited, how many ACC schools DIDN:T. No way the BIG EAST comes on 3rd, protractor or not.

You go by quantity. Me I'm a quality guy. Go back the past 10 years, count the number of national championships won by each conference, then double that number. It's easy math. Try it another way. How many BIG EAST schools got invited, how many ACC schools DIDN:T. No way the BIG EAST comes on 3rd, protractor or not.

Quality and quantity of Big 12 is far better. 2019 Texas Tech comes within a whisker of a NC. 2020 both Baylor and Kansas were projected as no. 1s. 2021 Baylor wins NC. 2022 Kansas wins it. Throw in Houston making Final Four. Arizona was a 1 and then a 2 seed the last 2 years.

Big 12 has 5 of the top 10 pre-season teams.

Not only is the Big East not as good as the Big 12, it isn't even remotely close.

And going by NC is not a good baromter anyway. If Gonzaga wins a NC does that make the WCC a top tier conference? No.

2009 UNC and 2010 Duke went back to back for ACC. But in terms of strength the Big East was by FAAARRR the better and deeper conference at that time. 2009 BE has 3 number 1s. Just that UNC was the best team. A ridiculous amount of program and coaching talent that was insane. Kevin Willard and Mick Cronin were nobodies in that conference.

Quality and quantity of Big 12 is far better. 2019 Texas Tech comes within a whisker of a NC. 2020 both Baylor and Kansas were projected as no. 1s. 2021 Baylor wins NC. 2022 Kansas wins it. Throw in Houston making Final Four. Arizona was a 1 and then a 2 seed the last 2 years.

Not only is the Big East not as good as the Big 12, it isn't even remotely close.

And going by NC is not a good baromter anyway. If Gonzaga wins a NC does that make the WCC a top tier conference? No.

2009 UNC and 2010 Duke went back to back for ACC. But in terms of strength the Big East was by FAAARRR the better and deeper conference at that time. 2009 BE has 3 number 1s. Just that UNC was the best team. A ridiculous amount of program and coaching talent that was insane. Kevin Willard and Mick Cronin were nobodies in that conference.
DEFINE QUANTITY

Ken Pom has 55% of the BIG EAST in his Top 30. How do your 3 conferences compare?

Ken Pom has 55% of the BIG EAST in his Top 30. How do your 3 conferences compare?
Tip. BIG 12 (16) has 5 in the Top 25. BIG EAST (11) has 5 according to Pomeroy. So we now show quality and quantity of BIG EAST is far better. Calculator time if need be. Advantage BIG EAST. So not only is the BIG EAST better than the BIG 12(16), it isn't even remotely close. How's the Atlantic 10 faring.

Tip. BIG 12 (16) has 5 in the Top 25. BIG EAST (11) has 5 according to Pomeroy. So we now show quality and quantity of BIG EAST is far better. Calculator time if need be. Advantage BIG EAST. So not only is the BIG EAST better than the BIG 12(16), it isn't even remotely close. How's the Atlantic 10 faring.
Big12 has three in the top five...

Same Ken Pom has 5 Big 12 teams in the top 11. AP has 5 in the top 10. That is literally half of the top 10 from 1 conference.
Big 12 has 8 teams inside Ken Pom top 21. EIGHT.

Here is the kicker they have NO ONE outside of 89.

Big East has 3 at 88 and lower. Bottom of Big 12 is stronger.

He must have tapped the keg early based on his lineup this week. Lol
Oh low blow😂!! It didn’t help that one of my players got hurt at the start of the game and another was a pre-game scratch.

Actually haven’t had a beer in months. Not on the wagon as Scotch, Whiskey and Bourbon are still friends of mine. Helped me to get slimmer and healthier.

The team name was the name of my intramural football team that won back to back Championships (one in OT and one on the last play of the game) while I was a Student at St. John’s.

Last edited:
Back