Around College Basketball

FSU is going to be the most suboptimal opponent to play. Will have a terrible record but will likely put it together at some point with all their raw talent and athleticism and we'll probably be the first game where they turn the corner

They are a very dangerous team to play because as you said with their raw talent they can compete with anyone. If you look at their schedule, they've actually been playing against pretty good competition. Other than Stetson and Siena all their opponents have been in the kenpom 150's or below. And even with those teams both schools have winning records and we just seen Siena beat Seton Hall.

Also, by the time they play St. John's they should be on a 2 game winning streak. They have Louisville and SC Upstate at home, two games they will be favored in. They'll have some confidence going into that game looking to extend their streak, Johnnies will need to make sure to stay focused and take care of business, won't be an easy game.

FSU is going to be the most suboptimal opponent to play. Will have a terrible record but will likely put it together at some point with all their raw talent and athleticism and we'll probably be the first game where they turn the corner
It is an awful situation for us. A 1-8 team that does have higher rated recruits all over the court and will be able to hang with us.

Not looking forward to that one

It is an awful situation for us. A 1-8 team that does have higher rated recruits all over the court and will be able to hang with us.

Not looking forward to that one
I always view them as a threat to beat Duke. So if they can do that, then we need to show up regardless of their record.

Syracuse down 20 late at Illinois.
Figured I would share since there's no love loss for the cry baby on this site....

Off course I am totally expecting them to put it together against us.

Big story emerging in New Mexico. Reports on news indicate a New Mexico basketball player shot and killed a New Mexico State fan, after being shot at first. Supposedly some kind of retaliation from previously game between two schools. New Mexico coach is somehow involved. The head coach at New Mexico is Pitino, Jr.

Big story emerging in New Mexico. Reports on news indicate a New Mexico basketball player shot and killed a New Mexico State fan, after being shot at first. Supposedly some kind of retaliation from previously game between two schools. New Mexico coach is somehow involved. The head coach at New Mexico is Pitino, Jr.
You're way off on this story

My understanding was that a NMSU player was shot at and he then killed a New Mexico student in self defense. The coaches in question are NMSU coaches who may have interfered with the investigation.

I was reporting what was being discussed on sports radio here. The commentators said there were various versions of what happened, but there was an ongoing issue from a prior game and a girl was used to lure one of the players into an ambush. A coach, of one of the players, was involved subsequently, and he surrendered one of the guns to the police, many hours after the event. More to come.

Back