Around College Basketball

New AP poll has creighton and uconn in top 10 at 7 and 8. Thats it for the big east. Then St johns only other big east team receiving vote. Yup vote not votes lol. St johns receives 1 vote. Ouch for the conference.

Did something specific happen to Fl. State that they are playing so poorly (ex. injuries, lost a lot of players etc.) or are they just struggling in general?

Nebraska beat Florida State by 17 last night
Florida State's record is now 1-7
What originally looked like a game that would improve our ranking with a win now looks the opposite
It's now a must win game if we hope to maintain our ranking
Not just a mist win, but a must “not even close” win. Damn, the one game in Florida I get to see plus a three hour drive.

If Houston can regain some of it's mojo from the 80s after being a forgotten program for so long, then why can't DePaul....
Sorry.
Strike that.
Then why can't St. John's?
Houston took a chance on a coach with heavy baggage but is one of the best in the business. SJU has always sacrificed winning for “playing it safe”

Louisville loses again and are now 0-7. Their last 4 losses have been by 26, 32, 19 and by 25 tonight vs Maryland. Embarrassing

Syracuse down 20 late at Illinois.
I looked it up. Their first year in the ACC, they went 14-4 in conference, and since then they have never been more than 2 games above .500 in conference. They've never been really bad either - they typically hover right around 0.500 in conference. typically -2 vs .500 to +2 vs .500. Tough league.

I looked it up. Their first year in the ACC, they went 14-4 in conference, and since then they have never been more than 2 games above .500 in conference. They've never been really bad either - they typically hover right around 0.500 in conference. typically -2 vs .500 to +2 vs .500. Tough league.
Is Boeheim still talking smack about the Big 10? Even if he was right, maybe he should have waited until after he had played a team from that conference.

1-7 Florida St is down three to #5 Purdue with 7 minutes left. They have some athletic guys on their team.

Not sure what is going on with them and why they are 1-7. Seems like there is enough talent here to be a little better than that

Havnt been more impressed by many guards this year than this freshmen 3 star for Purdue. He is an absolute stud. I’m not saying this is necessarily the case yet, but in college you could lose a top 3 pick to the pros and replace him with a 3 star recruit who might just fit your system better.

Havnt been more impressed by *any* guards this year.

Back