Around College Basketball

Bryant just beat Syracuse by 1 point, with a last second layup. It looks like a bad loss, but Bryant is a mid-major that's usually pretty good. They were 22-10 last year and made the NCAA tournament.

Syracuse looks to be around an NIT level team this year.
That's a shame.

I did not realize how bad the PAC 12 was this year. It might actually be only a 2 or 3 bid league this year. Oregon is 2-4 right now which is shocking. Arizona and UCLA seem to be the only 2 teams playing well in that league right now.

Listening to that Jimmy B clip at post game presser sure does sound like a guy who is coming back--sounded old and tired.

Havnt been more impressed by many guards this year than this freshmen 3 star for Purdue. He is an absolute stud. I’m not saying this is necessarily the case yet, but in college you could lose a top 3 pick to the pros and replace him with a 3 star recruit who might just fit your system better.

With the Cuse losing to Bryant at home and the combined record of teams the Johnnies have played so far is 13-34. I’m looking forward to playing a team with a winning record, Iowa State.

I think that says more about Florida State and Seton Hall right now than it says about Siena.
Gotta give some credit to Siena. Even a decimated Florida State has to have more talent then Siena I would think? The Seton Hall loss, that’s not a good look at all.

With the Cuse losing to Bryant at home and the combined record of teams the Johnnies have played so far is 13-34. I’m looking forward to playing a team with a winning record, Iowa State.
Cuse, Temple and Nebraska all had winning records when we played them.

Nebraska beat Florida State by 17 last night
Florida State's record is now 1-7
What originally looked like a game that would improve our ranking with a win now looks the opposite
It's now a must win game if we hope to maintain our ranking
Their next two games are against Purdue and Virginia, so it's probably not going to get much better for them anytime soon. After that, it's a clash of the titans with Louisville on December 10th.

I can't kill us for scheduling that game. It seemed like a good idea, at the time.

Last edited:
ACC./Big 10 challenge ending after this week. ACC/SEC challenge taking it's place.

That's ESPN punishing the Big Ten for not including ESPN in their latest media deal.

Back