Around College Basketball

Pitino has always been one to “leak” what he wants leaked to certain media friends of his as well as local power players. Regarding his extension he made his “number” known to Iona. Let’s see if they can come up w the cash.

I can't see Boeheim approving that
The question is--will Boeheim retire after this season. He originally was going to retire in 2017, but changed his mind when son Buddy decided to go to Cuse; then son Jimmy joined Cuse from Cornell. Both graduated this year and are no longer around. As to his coaching tree, it was rumored Hopkins would follow but he left when Jim "re-upped" and his record the last 4 years has been less than stellar.

Louisville is 0-3 and trailing #9 Arkansas by 11 early. I can only imagine how happy their fans are.

And they've got matchups against ranked Texas Tech and Maryland next. Could very easily open 0-6. Wow

Actually, Maryland is game 7. They'll be a third game in Maui before that.

FSU got their first win tonight.

Scary thought is that one of those two teams are going to wake up on December 11th with an ACC win (they play each other on the 10th).

Louisville with the offensive clinic against Texas Tech today.
Louisville's performance this year should show people that coaching actually matters in college basketball. Even after wins, you look in the game threads and guys talk about "street ball" and "undisciplined" and all the other words to make you think CMA doesn't know what he's doing. And you look at historical dominate programs like Louisville and Georgetown struggling to get wins with good talent on paper, it just shows you how hard it is to win games at the collegiate level and wins don't come by luck or just playing "street ball" you have to actually know what you're doing.

Louisville's performance this year should show people that coaching actually matters in college basketball. Even after wins, you look in the game threads and guys talk about "street ball" and "undisciplined" and all the other words to make you think CMA doesn't know what he's doing. And you look at historical dominate programs like Louisville and Georgetown struggling to get wins with good talent on paper, it just shows you how hard it is to win games at the collegiate level and wins don't come by luck or just playing "street ball" you have to actually know what you're doing.
G'town is a mess. What happened to their very good point guard from last year, Donte Harris? Is he hurt or holding out for a raise?

G'town is a mess. What happened to their very good point guard from last year, Donte Harris? Is he hurt or holding out for a raise?
No idea, only news Ewing has released is he's not with team for personal reasons. It's always something why his top players never come back to play for him.

And I've honestly never seen a coach have as much turnover as he does, even after a BE tournament championship he had a mass exodus of players. I think he's more all business and doesn't really relate well to kids. His coaching style is more meant for NBA. NBA coaching and college basketball coaching is very different, that's why you don't see many that excelled at both it's either one or the other.

I've always liked and respected Patrick as a die hard Knick fan, but it does appear the college gig is not working for him or Georgetown.

Back