Around College Basketball

Rutgers didn’t look good. I was actually pulling for Temple. Not a shot at Rutgers. I want our team to take on a good challenge. Temple is feeling good and playing well. our guys need to show up a Monday night. Let’s go.
Someone stated Rutgers was missing two starters.

Someone stated Rutgers was missing two starters.
Ok. I didn’t know that. Not much of a Rutgers fan but I know some have Rutgers as a top half team in the Big 10. My angle was more I want Temple feeling good and playing well. It would be a nice (Obviously not a great) win beating Temple. Looking for our team to be tested.

Would Georgetown have the nerve to bring Pitino in next year? In two years they would probably win the league.

I took it like he meant I'm old and running out of time on this earth so I don't have time for long term projects.
I took it as:

“Iona didn’t give me the extension I wanted and the NCAA absolved me from the recent recruiting scandals as there are no sanctions against me. I will now have major programs looking at me as their head coach next year, options I didn’t have when I took the Iona job. Based on those facts, I’m out of here after this season!!!!”

The fact that he is getting older was no different than at the time he originally made the statement.

I took it as:

“Iona didn’t give me the extension I wanted and the NCAA absolved me from the recent recruiting scandals as there are no sanctions against me. I will now have major programs looking at me as their head coach next year, options I didn’t have when I took the Iona job. Based on those facts, I’m out of here after this season!!!!”

The fact that he is getting older was no different now than at the time he originally made the statement.

I took it as “Iona didn’t give me the extension I wanted, the NCAA absolved me as there are no sanctions against me from the recruiting scandals so I will have major programs looking at me as their head coach next year so I’m out of here after this season!!!!

The fact that he is getting older was no different than at the time he originally made the statement.
You are probably right and I could agree with you regardless of my tongue in cheek comment on the matter. Pitino is a great coach without question but he has the morals of a vampire.

You are probably right and I could agree with you regardless of my tongue in cheek comment on the matter. Pitino is a great coach without question but he has the morals of a vampire.
Have heard Pitino is a big fan of garlic.

Have heard Pitino is a big fan of garlic.
I think part of the reason he wants to leave Iona is all of that holy water and crosses on campus but like garlic, it probably doesn't work on modern day vampires either cause nowadays they probably gargle with holy water. All jokes aside though, lots of established programs who just need a reset rather than a rebuild could use a guy like Pitino.

Back