Around College Basketball

The real bad part is we know they’re not this bad so it will be a land mine for whichever power programs they do beat once they get it together. Hopefully it’s the ACC schools and mnot us. In which case it won’t be a travesty, more like a blessing.
They play a tough out of conference schedule in addition to the ACC. Maybe they can right the ship a little. With there Pomeroy down to 106 they are only a few spots ahead of Nebraska so its looking more like a must win.

Empire Classic competion has taken a hit. Temple, Richmond and Syracuse all have a horrible loss on their resume already. St johns should win this tournament.

Blame them for a lot. Don’t blame them for FSU having a bad year. That’s picking and choosing.
Come on now, I’m not blaming them for FSU being bad and you know that. I’m just pointing out that the schedule was weak to begin with and with FSU being bad, what was hoped to be a quality game has just added to the dismal schedule.

Come on now, I’m not blaming them for FSU being bad and you know that. I’m just pointing out that the schedule was weak to begin with and with FSU being bad, what was hoped to be a quality game has just added to the dismal schedule.
Lol I don’t know that from you responding to my post specifically about FSU and adding on essentially that they should have saw it coming.

I watched part of the first half of the Duke/Kansas game. It was brick and turnover city and it seemed like Kansas should have been up by double digits when Duke closed to within one. It takes time for young teams (or teams with a lot of new pieces even if veteran transfers) to get it together sometimes.

I did enjoy Duke getting called for at least four charges and one flop (a bad call as the kid landed on an opposing player‘s foot after taking a 3, but c’est la vie).

I won’t be
Yeah. They’re gonna get their guys back as the season goes on and odds are that win/loss will look better/not as bad by Feb. There’s just a ceiling on where they’ll end up depending on how deep this hole gets. They're basically missing 3 of their best 5 players plus a couple bench pieces right now. They still shouldn’t be near full strength when we see them.

Back