Around College Basketball

I guess the school thinks it reflects poorly on them that a player killed someone while breaking curfew to go get laid.

Cops don't seem to care much though.

I guess the school thinks it reflects poorly on them that a player killed someone while breaking curfew to go get laid.

Cops don't seem to care much though.
Cops initially ruled it self defense and it appears at least so far the, the DA agrees. However investigation is on-going including looking at the actions taken place by the injured vivtim, some of his teammates, the head coach and an assistant. Two of the UNM students including the girl who lured the the NMSU player to the UNM campus has been arrested.

Last edited:
Two good games tonight:

Rutgers at Ohio State - 7 pm on ESPN2
Iowa State at Iowa - 8 pm on FS1

Fouling up 3 comes back to haunt Rutgers. Worse case scenario should have been overtime.

Down by 30 for much of the game, Iowa State was pummeled by unranked Iowa. And here I thought the beat down that IS gave to the Johnnies was cause they were a very good team, but I've been wrong before. Thats the second big beat down that IS has had, the other to Uconn which is understandable.

Yup, seems like a no win situation with no positive gain from the game.
Nothing to gain resume wise but like you just pointed out, they have played two top teams extremely tough recently. We could get better couldnt we?

Florida State is definitely not as bad as it's record but if we can't beat them we are going to have a lot of problems getting the 11 or more wins we are going to need in conference. Play hard and we will win.

Back