2023-24 Roster

It’s too early to assume you can replace 6-8 current guys with better players from the portal. Maybe that’s why he hasn’t yet passed judgement on Jones, Wusu, Posh, etc. Hopefully, he already has a few unannounced new guys in his pocket.

So you think Rick Pitino has not seen tape of all of our kids?
I get the attachment, I am a Storr guy. My handle is a guy that Norm forced out 17 years ago or something that I am still bitter about. If Pitino decides Storr not the right fit I will move on.
In Rick I trust!
I am sure he has seen tape on our guys. And I trust Pitino as well.

Not sure he's seen the Marquette game given he was hard at work that week with Iona. It was very recent. All I am saying is Wusu definitely improved throughout the year and by the end of our season in the BET, he was the guy we were leaning on heavily when we forced a #2 seed in the NCAA tournament to the brink. And he scored some really tough buckets. I even started to enjoy it when he would take 3's towards the end of the season cause he had a nice touch on them. I mean damn, that shot against DePaul was clutch

I'm thinking that Rick sees roster spots 10 - 12 differently than a fan does. These guys aren't seeing the court very often, so what qualities do you need from those 3 roster spots? Size, extra fouls/hard fouls, great bench teammate/motivator, A+ student? Fun to watch it fold out, and enjoying the opinions and predictions on the forum right now.

I'm thinking that Rick sees roster spots 10 - 12 differently than a fan does. These guys aren't seeing the court very often, so what qualities do you need from those 3 roster spots? Size, extra fouls/hard fouls, great bench teammate/motivator, A+ student? Fun to watch it fold out, and enjoying the opinions and predictions on the forum right now.
And guys who will practice hard and force the starters to practice hard on those days they need a kickstart.

It goes even further…Pitino prides himself on bringing in quality priority walkons. Great coaches realize how important these guys are to a healthy program.

It’s kinda funny that people are even complaining that Rick Pitino is having kids move on to better places for both his team and for them. We hired Rick Pitino to make a change and get us out of 30 years of subpar basketball. All winning football programs do this as well and now, with the NIL, it’s more important than ever because let’s face it, college sports have become professionalized.

SJU’s survival, fan base, donor pool and everything else is all linked to our bball program, like it or not. I love Posh, Stanley as well. I don’t know what Rick will choose to do, but he’s hired to win, and has always had a great rep with his players.

I think people mistake this with callousness but it’s not. Recruits are also coming here to win and it is a mutually beneficial relationship. If Rick doesn’t “gut” much of the roster, we will also hear from the fan base as to why he isn’t winning yet in 2 seasons.

We should all be thankful that we have a hungry coach that wants to get a jump on roster building his way, and bring the excitement back asap. These kids will all land on their feet and be at solid programs much like kids that have left in the past. Rick isn’t sending them out to fight in the Ukraine. He’s got a job to do though.

I think if kids we have had that were my favorites like D’Lo who would have 100% bought in to winning and we need kids like that moving forward. I’d love Posh to stay too but ultimately coach has his reasons why or why not. He’s a HOF’er for a reason.

You think Reede is still in the cards? Or do they have to honor the commitment?
The kid is a lights out shooter. Pitino is looking for kids who love basketball and it is their #1 priority. If this kid fits that bill, y not bring him in if hes already committed? At worst he is with Drissa on the end of the bench. You cant have 10 five star kids on the roster.

Back