2023-24 Roster

That's gonna upset a lot of our fan base who were envisioning the kid as the 2nd coming of Pistol Pete
Subpar Speed Reede doesn't quite have the same ring to it. I think he might be in limbo for a little while while Pitino sorts out how many spaces are available vs. who he wants. Kid supposedly has a great work ethic and motor, so stranger things have happened with the 12th spot on a roster?

Subpar Speed Reede doesn't quite have the same ring to it. I think he might be in limbo for a little while while Pitino sorts out how many spaces are available vs. who he wants. Kid supposedly has a great work ethic and motor, so stranger things have happened with the 12th spot on a roster?
Hey I was shocked that Rick unequivocally wants Traore back, so anything is possible

Everything Coach Pitino does is calculated. He let every player know that there is a new sheriff in town and that things are going to change. He doesn’t need them, they need him. They need to buy in or he will help them find a new place to call home. Let’s see who steps up to the challenge. I wouldn’t be surprised if only two more players transfer.

Just read another thing about the fifth year. You can use the 5th year at a new school post-transfer. If you use the fifth year at the school where you were in 20/21 then you do not count against the 13 scholarships in your last year. If you have transferred then you do count against that schools scholarship limit. This means that if a school had say 5 seniors who played for them in 20/21 and all decided to stay at that school for their fifth year that school would be able to offer 18 scholarships. Pretty unlikely but interesting. Talk about a deep bench.
Pretty sure that was only for the first year Covid came into play. You can’t go over 13 scholarship limit anymore just as football can’t go over 85.

Based on that description it’s either Posh or AJ Storr
I know Storr made all rookie team but outside of this forum people around country probably only know Soriano, Jones, Curbelo and Posh.
Soriano staying, Curbelo not popular m, so my guess Posh or Jones.
Posh only of 2 that would be newsworthy.

Last edited:
If Rick watches tape of our last game of the season against Marquette, he’d probably ask Wusu to come back.

we were using Dylan like he was Kevin Durant, getting him the ball at the top of the key over and over and over.

I’d be happy if he was back personally. He showed me a lot this Past year
So you think Rick Pitino has not seen tape of all of our kids?
I get the attachment, I am a Storr guy. My handle is a guy that Norm forced out 17 years ago or something that I am still bitter about. If Pitino decides Storr not the right fit I will move on.
In Rick I trust!

I suspect Storr will stick around as Macon probably will go to bat for him.
I suspect if Pitino has already asked him to stay, Macon and others have already done so. My thinking is the meeting for early next week is to give his parents and advisors a chance to roll into town to join Storr for a face to face meeting with Pitino. In this meeting Pitino will be blunt on what Storr needs to work on, that he will have to compete everyday, Pitino's expectations on and off the court and his vision for the team and Storr.

Based on that, Storr and company will make a decision.

Last edited:
From Zach, timely:

Rick Pitino told me this morning via text that he hasn't made any decisions on what players to keep beyond Joel Soriano. I've heard positive things about AJ Storr, Drissa Traore and Mohamed Keita. But it's fluid.

Back