2023-24 Roster

Yeah I’m thinking the same. He said the same to Pinzon
Really really would love to see Posh come back and thrive. Of course I want immediate success and agree we need some new blood to make that happen next year. But I’ve grown attached to a number of these players, imperfect as they are — Posh in particular.

What a story it would make if a few of the holdovers become instrumental in turning this program around next year!

I especially loved Lavin’s first year team bc those kids joined us in difficult times, suffered mediocrity for years and “toughed it out” to accomplish a special season.

Really really would love to see Posh come back and thrive. Of course I want immediate success and agree we need some new blood to make that happen next year. But I’ve grown attached to a number of these players, imperfect as they are — Posh in particular.

What a story it would make if a few of the holdovers become instrumental in turning this program around next year!

I especially loved Lavin’s first year team bc those kids joined us in difficult times, suffered mediocrity for years and “toughed it out” to accomplish a special season.
I love Posh. He busts his arse as much as anyone we’ve ever had when he’s on the court. I’d love to see what he can do with elite coaching. I’m hoping this is all a leverage move by RP.

Guys, we need to recalibrate our expectations. We think of Lavin’s last season and Mullin’s last season as special seasons. We need to start realizing that with Pitino here those kinds of seasons (21 or 22 wins, one and doke in the Dance) will be down years from now on. We’ll be at 25 or more wins most years and playing the second weekend of the tournament.

I am sure he has seen tape on our guys. And I trust Pitino as well.

Not sure he's seen the Marquette game given he was hard at work that week with Iona. It was very recent. All I am saying is Wusu definitely improved throughout the year and by the end of our season in the BET, he was the guy we were leaning on heavily when we forced a #2 seed in the NCAA tournament to the brink. And he scored some really tough buckets. I even started to enjoy it when he would take 3's towards the end of the season cause he had a nice touch on them. I mean damn, that shot against DePaul was clutch
If you want a Posh who can shoot, you can just keep Wusu

From Zach, timely:

Rick Pitino told me this morning via text that he hasn't made any decisions on what players to keep beyond Joel Soriano. I've heard positive things about AJ Storr, Drissa Traore and Mohamed Keita. But it's fluid.
I *really* hope Keita stays.

I'm a little disappointed about this one.

To me, Stanley at the end of this year, was where Soriano was at the end of last year (maybe even a little bit ahead). Now, Soriano had a big, giant leap up this year, so maybe asking Stanley to do that was unfair, but I think he probably would have gotten better. He also showed improvement on his shot, as the year went on, though he still has, and probably always will have, bad hands.

I trust Coach Pitino's judgement, but that doesn't mean he's above making any mistakes. I don't think this is a make-or-break one, but as of right now, I'd have to consider it a loss for us.

Pitino probably has a good idea what he could get out of the remaining roster and would not have much trouble replacing them with equally talented players except possibly Keita.
He is the biggest gamble but could turn out to be the biggest gain. It is interesting to see as Vegasman 2000 posted what Pitino thinks he could get out of him.

Pitino probably has a good idea what he could get out of the remaining roster and would not have much trouble replacing them with equally talented players except possibly Keita.
He is the biggest gamble but could turn out to be the biggest gain. It is interesting to see as Vegasman 2000 posted what Pitino thinks he could get out of him.
I doubt Pitinio is a gambling man. This is Pitino's "business", for lack of a better word. A big part of business is managing and minimizing risk. If you don't do that you can be toast.

See Coach Anderson - didn't fix his outside shooting risk / gambled on a certain transfer in and it completely backfired on him, resulting in him losing his job. Also see Silicon Valley Bank - didn't manage their risk very well.

Pitino may "gamble" as you say, but there is no way he's not managing his risk. That risk will be managed one way or another.

Back