2023-24 Roster

I admittedly haven't watched Yaxel play at all. But can someone let me know if they expect his game to be an upgrade over Stanley? Are they even similar type players?
I haven't seen him play either so let me pipe in. LOL Yaxel appears to be bigger by a couple inches, more athletic, and a much better rebounder. Better suited to PF especially from what I remember of RP when he coached P5 teams.

I admittedly haven't watched Yaxel play at all. But can someone let me know if they expect his game to be an upgrade over Stanley? Are they even similar type players?

I haven't seen him play either, but have tracked his stats and heard the buzz of his last JUCO game. This looks like some good recap / highlights. I think the last Freshman JUCO AA we had was Figgy.

Have to say all these offers to high profile transfers, 5* / 4* recruits are a stretch for a program that's had a dismal 21st Century so far and has been 2nd tier in the recruiting ranks for a long time, but if anyone can get a few of these kids to commit, it's Coach Pitino.
The guy's got gravitas.

I think Yaxel can shoot the three adequately also which Pitino likes.
Yak handles the ball a lot and improved his foul shooting considerably during the season. He’s much more athletic than Omar. He did turn the ball over 5 times or more in a number of games.

I think Yaxel can shoot the three adequately also which Pitino likes.
7-16 from three for the season, so good percentage but extremely small sample size. Certainly his highlights are mostly dunks or putbacks, hence his 72% FG percentage. Will be interesting to see how it translates to Division 1 play.

not even a week on the job and several offers already . Can't wait to see some signings. plus reede - wasn't pinzon our 3-point shooter? So if reede didn't make the grade it was for a good reason.

Seem like he has already gotten the message from RP. Work like crazy to be a part of his team, or he's been told why RP does not see a fit for him and he best get in better shape so others will have an interest.
I'd love for Posh to stay, why not be a spark off the bench with his defensive intensity.

Keep putting in the work and RP will notice.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll take a flyer, put on my 3-D goggles, and take an insane stab at guessing St. John's' 2023-24 roster.
Can't be worse than my March Madness brackets, so why not?
Please tone down the hoots and just consider this a pathetic, premature, impatient, immature, fantasy by a guy who can't wait for the Season to start and trying to have some fun since my brackets are burnt toast
Lol
* = starter; **= major contributor; ? = open spots:

Joel *
Walter Clayton Jr. *
Nick Timberlake *
Zach Hicks *
Brandon Gardner *
AJ Storr **
Posh **
Dylan **
David **
Yaxel Lendeborg **