2023-24 Roster

Pitino probably has a good idea what he could get out of the remaining roster and would not have much trouble replacing them with equally talented players except possibly Keita.
He is the biggest gamble but could turn out to be the biggest gain. It is interesting to see as Vegasman 2000 posted what Pitino thinks he could get out of him.
The shoulder surgery probably limits Keita's options in the transfer portal, at least for this year. For all we know, he's still rehabbing.

The best thing for him is to probably carry him for a year, and see what he can do. Pitino will certainly press on and off during games, and when it's on, a good shot blocker in the back of it, can be a difference maker.

Honestly I think some of the kids are great people but in terms of basketball and the potential new world of recruiting the entire roster can be replaced by someone better. It's only a loss if the player that replaces him is worse. That remains to be seen but we haven't won spit with this team and Pitino is talking Final Four. Beside maybe Joel none of these players would sniff the court for Louisville back in the day.

The shoulder surgery probably limits Keita's options in the transfer portal, at least for this year. For all we know, he's still rehabbing.

The best thing for him is to probably carry him for a year, and see what he can do. Pitino will certainly press on and off during games, and when it's on, a good shot blocker in the back of it, can be a difference maker.
My view on Mohamed Keita is that he's still developing as a player, and that you can't 'teach' being 7'1".
Don't know, but maybe Rick slots him in as the 12th man?

I'm a little disappointed about this one.

To me, Stanley at the end of this year, was where Soriano was at the end of last year (maybe even a little bit ahead). Now, Soriano had a big, giant leap up this year, so maybe asking Stanley to do that was unfair, but I think he probably would have gotten better. He also showed improvement on his shot, as the year went on, though he still has, and probably always will have, bad hands.

I trust Coach Pitino's judgement, but that doesn't mean he's above making any mistakes. I don't think this is a make-or-break one, but as of right now, I'd have to consider it a loss for us.
Stanley improved tremendously and has a great motor. Having said that, his offensive skills are still limited and he's an undersized PF or not as talented a SF as Pitino would need. I don't see why he would stay and sit on the bench until needed. He'll shine elsewhere which is exactly what is in his best interest. Pitino is allowing him to do that. My sense is that if Pitino asked him to stay, he would consider it.

If I were Posh and had not yet received adequate assurances from CRP regarding my future then I would immediately enter the transfer portal rather than merely sit back to see whether you are recruited over.

From Posh’s interests if he eventually enters the portal after too much delay he will have less leverage in the portal because schools will have filled their needs and scholarshi limit.

I love Posh. I could see him being a kid who gets into the best shape of his life for next season, a la Billy Donavan at Providence. That said, it seems like RP thinks he can upgrade the PG position via the portal. I can't say he would be wrong.

I see Clayton and Timberlake committing early next week and Posh will realize that he was recruited over and will enter the portal.

That makes no sense. I'm sure it's been clearly communicated to Posh where he currently stands with next year's team. None of that should be dependent on who commits next week, because if neither Clayton or Timberlake commit, I'm sure Pitino is looking for another high end guard who will take up valuable minutes.

That makes no sense. I'm sure it's been clearly communicated to Posh where he currently stands with next year's team. None of that should be dependent on who commits next week, because if neither Clayton or Timberlake commit, I'm sure Pitino is looking for another high end guard who will take up valuable minutes.
Storr

Seem like he has already gotten the message from RP. Work like crazy to be a part of his team, or he's been told why RP does not see a fit for him and he best get in better shape so others will have an interest.
Totally get it's the Rick's call, but I would love it if Posh returned and was a key component for next year's team...and Wusu as well. There I go again. Lol.

Seem like he has already gotten the message from RP. Work like crazy to be a part of his team, or he's been told why RP does not see a fit for him and he best get in better shape so others will have an interest.
nah. Posh has been non-stop since the season ended. he's been posting his workouts on IG everyday. nothing to do with Pitino. Posh is a gym rat.

From Zach:
Junior college All-American Yaxel Lendeborg says he spoke with assistant coach Ricky Johns. He's still waiting to speak to Rick Pitino. School is interested in keeping him.

I admittedly haven't watched Yaxel play at all. But can someone let me know if they expect his game to be an upgrade over Stanley? Are they even similar type players?

Back