2023-24 Roster

taking him at his word... Keeping Soriano (wow- biggest recruit this offseason-check)...and bringing in 6-8 new guys.

of our 13 scholarship players last season, 2 no longer have eligibility (Mathis/Nywie). Soriano has signed on... that leaves 10 remaining.

I would love to see Posh/Dylan finish it out here... but it is tough for me to type, I don't think Posh fits Rick's "ideal" guard. Can he defend like heck- absolutely - but his jumper allows a defense to really play off him.

Will be interesting to see who remains and who joins. Fun months ahead.

Could be my Wusu love talking but is there a chance by Lutheran (Our savior Lutheran) Rick meant Wusu and not drissa?

I'm going to need a subform for 2023-24 season recruits for eligible immediately because my mind is way to burnt to figure this out :)
It's pretty simple with regard to transfers. If they have never transferred they can transfer without sitting out. If they've transferred before they will need a waiver. Even grad transfers will need a waiver if they had a previous transfer.

If they played in 20/21 or before they have 6 to play 5 because 19/20 spring through 20/21 winter sports will not be counted. Does not impact players who enrolled Sep 21 or after. Only thing I'm not clear on is if the 5 year rule is impacted in any way if the student-athlete transfers post COVID.

Here’s an example: A D1 freshman athlete competed in a portion of the 2020-2021 season. They are eligible for an extra year of competition, per the NCAA’s eligibility relief. Starting sophomore year, they compete in 100% of each season throughout their senior year. Their eligibility count is only at 3 years. This athlete has the option to return for one final season – a fifth year. If this athlete returns for a fifth year, they will have been a member of the team for 5 years and eligible to receive financial aid to continue their education for a six year, because their first year of competition didn’t count against their eligibility.

He said he was intent on bringing in 6 new kids. Very specific. 14 committed/rostered for next year right now. If the 6 make up the 13 man roster who are the 7 who stay. My guess: Soriano, Gardner, Storr, Posh, Wusu, Jones, Traore. Gone: Curbelo, Pinzon, Keita, King, Stanley, Landeberg and Reede.

Not based on anything besides what I think RP and staff will see/learn as they do their assessments. Oh and what I hope, though I'd like to see King stay as well. Like Omar too but think he could thrive making a Marcellus type change.

Gotta think Curbelo is top of that list. Sad story there.

Keeping Van hopefully means keeping Storr and Gardner in the fold.

Soriano, Storr and Gardner is a solid foundation and adding pieces like Clayton, Slazinski and NJJ would round out the core.
I think Posh is at the top of that list too. He was suspended at one point, benched at one point, never ever paying attention to coach in the huddle etc.

There is a reason Pitino isnt mentioning Posh like he is Soriano and Drissa. Posh is a problem just like the rest of them.

He said he was intent on bringing in 6 new kids. Very specific. 14 committed/rostered for next year right now. If the 6 make up the 13 man roster who are the 7 who stay. My guess: Soriano, Gardner, Storr, Posh, Wusu, Jones, Traore. Gone: Curbelo, Pinzon, Keita, King, Stanley, Landeberg and Reede.

Not based on anything besides what I think RP and staff will see/learn as they do their assessments. Oh and what I hope, though I'd like to see King stay as well. Like Omar too but think he could thrive making a Marcellus type change.
Jones and wusu gone. Maybe even Posh

He said 6-8. It will be more like 8. So 8 new plus joel and drissa = 3 spots left at the back end of the roster. Most kids currently on roster aint coming back. Rick could not have been more clear about that. I’m

I think that if you one of the guys who has not met academic requirements you are gone. I think that is a giant red mark.

If he is cutting 6 players figure these 3 are the most likely Pinzon, Curbelo, Jones. Just on culture don't know academics
I think you will have at least 1 or 2 kids who fall in the academic bucket that we may not even be thinking about.
Unfortunately I think Posh is gone as he just can't shoot the darn ball. The Reede kid was a settle that we usually get who may be a A10 player but not a Pitino recruit.

Back