2023-24 Roster

Very curious, LJSA...you don't think (or want) Storr and Gardner to stay? Is that Maximus Edwards, the GW guard? Some nice talent, but roster seems guard-heavy if that is the GW guard.
Just my .02 cents.
I want Storr. I think he's going to leave though.

Also worried that Van will not be retained, which I think means Gardner gone.

Last edited:
I want Storr. I think he's going to leave though.

Also worried that Van will not be retained, which I think means Gardner gone.
Gardner's mom seems "excited" to see her son at St. John's next season. I think Storr and Gardner will be at St. John's next season if Pitino truly want 'em both on the roster, regardless if Macon is or isn't retained (though I hope Van remains on staff as I view him as an asset).

Gardner's mom seems "excited" to see her son at St. John's next season. I think Storr and Gardner will be at St. John's next season if Pitino truly want 'em both on the roster, regardless if Macon is or isn't retained (though I hope Van remains on staff as I view him as an asset).
Sure hope so and agree 100 percent on Van. I know he can get really good/great kids here with Pitino as the closer.

Clayton would have to sit out a year unless he gets a waiver. Only Grad students do not sit out. Covid 5th year still available, but transfer without sitting out is no longer an option.
I did not know that . . . and I also feel like the kids don't even know that because the portal is filling up quickly. 😁

Clayton would have to sit out a year unless he gets a waiver. Only Grad students do not sit out. Covid 5th year still available, but transfer without sitting out is no longer an option.
I’ll be surprised if Pitino isn’t delighted to have Ponds back. We’ll know soon enough.

I did not know that . . . and I also feel like the kids don't even know that because the portal is filling up quickly. 😁
To clarify

All student-athletes whose 2020-2021 season was impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic will now get 6 years to compete in 4 full seasons of their sport in college. Traditionally, there is a 5-year clock for athletes to play 4 years. For seniors, this ruling meant a chance to finish out their college careers. For others, it opens a door to new academic and athletic opportunities.

COVID-19 Automatic Waiver Criteria for 2022-23 or 2023-24 Enrollment

Students who initially enroll full time during 2022-23 or 2023-24 will receive an automatic initial-eligibility waiver in the academic certification process that provides the highest level of relief for which they are eligible, per the criteria below.

It appears for those who enrolled during 2021-22 are out of luck without the benefit of a waiver.

If Posh plays defense like some of you say - Pitino will want to keep him... Pitino has had small guards at Louisville.. Russ Smith.. Peyton Siva.. Terry Rozier, Preston Knowles were all around 6'0".. They all played brilliant defense.. He is a defense first coach..
Freshman year he was co defensive player of the year in the big east. sophomore year he had excellent year also. This year he had an off year overall but that was due to another factor imo

Thought they changed it to one FREE transfer
Nice catch Section 3.

As of April 2021, D1 athletes transferring schools for the first time no longer have to redshirt for a year at their new college before competing. But you must meet certain qualifications to play immediately for the new school. And you will have to sit out a season for any subsequent transfers — unless you obtain a waiver from the NCAA.

Back