2023-24 Roster

Nice catch Section 3.

As of April 2021, D1 athletes transferring schools for the first time no longer have to redshirt for a year at their new college before competing. But you must meet certain qualifications to play immediately for the new school. And you will have to sit out a season for any subsequent transfers — unless you obtain a waiver from the NCAA.
I'm going to need a subform for 2023-24 season recruits for eligible immediately because my mind is way to burnt to figure this out :)

For me, the issue isn't Posh's shooting. He's not a good shooter, that's it. He's an excellent defender, which helps balance that out. The issue I have is his loose handle and the turnovers this season. That seemed to me to be a clear regression, and a major issue.

There will be a few who will be asked to stay but I don’t know how many would even accept because I don’t think Pitino will guarantee anyone playing time. By his quotes he’s clearly on a mission to start winning asap and he’s going to recruit over people as soon as the opportunity presents itself. One of the exciting things about this hire is that when it comes to recruiting Pitino is one of the very few true “closers” out there.

He’s not just a great recruiter like Mussleman, Penny, Danny or Bobby Hurley, etc. he’s in the category above that. The true “closer” category. Where it doesn’t matter if your school is the supposed front runner to land a recruit, now when you hear St John’s offered and the kid is going to be sitting down with Pitino you’re afraid he’s gonna walk out of that meeting with a commitment. Very few of these guys who you fear (Calipari? Izzo? Used to be K)

It’s like your lady mentioning that she met a gorgeous, wealthy celebrity at a party. Even if you’re confident…you’re nervous. St John’s just got a lot better looking.

Tobin Anderson getting the Iona job. He's not a Pitino guy obviously so Pitino won't have any qualms about scooping Iona's best players if he thinks they can play at this level and they are interested in leaving.

Also means that there's 5 names for 3 Assistant spots + the top Ops role.

Steve Masiello (lock to be on staff)
Bob Walsh (lock to be on staff)
Taliek Brown
Van Macon
Mike Balado (Rumored to be rejoining Rick's staff after he got fired from Arkansas State. I don't think they'll be a spot for him)

I guess it comes down to whether or not Rick wants to retain Van Macon and if so he'd likely have to drop Taliek Brown to the Ops role.

Posh might remain if Pitino plans to use him exclusively at point guard where his overall skills can make up for his lack of shooting skills. Pitino will never play him at shooting guard.
Playing Posh at shooting guard is what Anderson did and what contributed to this past disastrous season.

Perhaps more appropriate in this thread…

Gotta think Curbelo is top of that list. Sad story there.

Keeping Van hopefully means keeping Storr and Gardner in the fold.

Soriano, Storr and Gardner is a solid foundation and adding pieces like Clayton, Slazinski and NJJ would round out the core.

Back