2023-24 Rankings

Clemson, Pitt, Virginia, or whoever. It does not matter. The ACC was bad this year and after the top two, everyone else should be on the outside looking in.

Not to mention, even Duke is not that scary. I would not mind a SJU-Duke second round game.
Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. False narratives get created then people run with them. Our bottom 2 were historically weak and gave a guaranteed 4 wins to everybody. Their bottom 2 won 9 gms. Pitt is at least as good as St. Johns if not better. Nc and Puke would split with Uconn and Marquette home and away and they match up just fine with the BE up and down the line. Only result I know is that their 11 seed beat our 4 seed on a neutral court as I was there. Would be interested in hearing how other head to heads went.

Point is, ACC is getting three teams no doubt. UNC, Duke, Clemson. They don't deserve another team, but UVA getting a benefit of the doubt play-in spot because of Bennett wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Pitt is on the bubble, when you schedule a OOC like Mike Anderson, you give yourself zero room for error.
I repeat. Why Clemsen definitly over Pitt? it's a legit question.

I think everyone is weighing A&M's wins in the SEC too much. Committee doesn't work like that. Three Q3 losses is pretty lethal.

I think everyone is weighing A&M's wins in the SEC too much. Committee doesn't work like that. Three Q3 losses is pretty lethal.
Sec will have 8 teams in the tourney, could their wins in league be that bad?

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. False narratives get created then people run with them. Our bottom 2 were historically weak and gave a guaranteed 4 wins to everybody. Their bottom 2 won 9 gms. Pitt is at least as good as St. Johns if not better. Nc and Puke would split with Uconn and Marquette home and away and they match up just fine with the BE up and down the line. Only result I know is that their 11 seed beat our 4 seed on a neutral court as I was there. Would be interested in hearing how other head to heads went.
Holy smokes, are you a moderator in the ACC.fans website in your spare time?

I cannot remember anyone here ever being a one person cheer team for the ACC. You are defending Pitt and Clemson for crying out loud. Not even their fans care as much as you do.

Sec will have 8 teams in the tourney, could their wins in league be that bad?
They actually have five Q3 losses. I don't think the committee had them remotely close to in and people always overestimate the impact of conference tournaments. I can obviously have an egg on my face when they're a 10 or 9 seed, lol.

Loss
Memphis OOC - 76 NET
LSU - 95 NET
Ole Miss - 93 NET
Vanderbilt - 202 --- Georgetown's NET is 204, so that's pretty awful of a loss.
Arkansas - 115

BE, after Gtown and DePaul, lowest NET is Butler's at 67. So all of those are significantly worse.

Yikes. I've seen this guy on X a lot, but does anyone know how accurate he is? Do people just boost him since he's local (NJ)? Some of that stuff like PC in the field looks really off.

Definitely an outlier based on other polls I've seen this morning, but still not good.
You won’t be able to get an accurate answer to “is he legit” or not by an sju Twitter fan right now. If he doesn’t have us in, he’s the worst obviously! 😆

You won’t be able to get an accurate answer to “is he legit” or not by an sju Twitter fan right now. If he doesn’t have us in, he’s the worst obviously! 😆

Lol yeah and a month ago several Johnnies fans were saying he's one of the best out there. Hopefully they were just hyping him up since they know him or something.

One thing that'd really help is if several teams including Nebraska and Mississippi St lose and drop below us in NET. They passed us last night with upsets.

Also, we're #26 in KenPom and we know the Committee looks at that. I really, really don't see us missing the Tournament.

Lol yeah and a month ago several Johnnies fans were saying he's one of the best out there. Hopefully they were just hyping him up since they know him or something.

One thing that'd really help is if several teams including Nebraska and Mississippi St lose and drop below us in NET. They passed us last night with upsets.

Also, we're #26 in KenPom and we know the Committee looks at that. I really, really don't see us missing the Tournament.
I think it takes a STJ level of bad luck where NC State wins, Oregon wins, FAU loses, New Mexico wins, and A&M wins the tournament for us to not be in.

Maybe I’m being naive but don’t think that’s happening

Any idea what the highest rated Kenpom teams have been that haven't got in in the past??

Holy smokes, are you a moderator in the ACC.fans website in your spare time?

I cannot remember anyone here ever being a one person cheer team for the ACC. You are defending Pitt and Clemson for crying out loud. Not even their fans care as much as you do.
Carmine wins the board’s Pitt Bull award

I think we will be playing in Dayton. It might be a good thing for this team. They will get a game in the tourney under their belt and won’t be as tight for the Thurs/Fri game. Hopefully we don’t play another Big East team.

Back