2022 Yankees

game 32. bravo king cole and the king.
baby bombers blast 4 ballantine bombs.
yankee sticks on fire.
hicks demoted to 9th in order, comes through with early inning double.
kiner and torres defense is problematic.
donaldson at 3rd causes me to flashback to nettles and boston

Judge and Stanton join Babe Ruth (14) and Lou Gehrig (10) from 1930 and Mickey Mantle (16) and Yogi Berra (12) from 1956 as the only pair of teammates in franchise history to have 10-plus homers in 32 games.
After Stanton and Judge’s blasts, Joey Gallo homered in the fifth inning and Donaldson in the ninth as the Yankees scored 10-plus runs for the sixth time this season. They did that just six times all of last season.
This victory gave the Yankees an MLB-best 24 wins on the season, and it's only the fifth time in franchise history they have reached this mark through 32 games. The other four years (1928, ’39, ’58, ’98), they won the World Series.

Can't win them all, but too many dumb plays tonight. Hicks not stealing behind Rizzo, IKF getting caught at 3rd, IKF questionable in the field, and Chapman all over the place. For this team to win big this year, they have to straighten out Chapman.

game 33. i have been praising boones handling of the pen,
but last night, even though i was 1237 miles away, it was clear that chapman was out of control.
boone had no one else warming up in the pen. why?
do/die with chappy. yanks died. one run road loss.
IKF dumb running play. hicks again playing in slo mo time.
1/8 risp. one extra base hit - a double.

game 33. i have been praising boones handling of the pen,
but last night, even though i was 1237 miles away, it was clear that chapman was out of control.
boone had no one else warming up in the pen. why?
do/die with chappy. yanks died. one run road loss.
IKF dumb running play. hicks again playing in slo mo time.
1/8 risp. one extra base hit - a double.
Boone treats Chapman as though he’s Mariano, and he’s not even close. Should pull him right away when he has no control!

Walks have been an issue for Chapman, who has walked nine in 11 2/3 innings over 14 appearances. But Chapman said he’s not worried about the walks while he’s on the mound.
Their bullpen is so strong this year that he has multiple choices in a save setting. King, Loisaga, Holmes to name a few I would trust

game 34. cy nasty. cy nasty. cy nasty. 8 innings. no walks. 3 hits. kkkkkkk.
weird offense. 4 walks and a single produces 3 runs.
yanks beat one of the better pitchers in baseball who yielded only one hit.
Loved taking the series from a team I think will be tough throughout the year. Still, the way this offense goes on hiatus from game to game is concerning, because it usually happens in the playoffs. Great job by Cortes once again.

game 35. 3 gettys. a fair pole ballantine and a back to back, belly to belly.
yankee reject odor eater hitting below the mendoza. had 2 nice fielding plays.
only 2 bird starters hitting above 233.
#99 rested. stanton pulling ahead in the al mvp race. dj fading.
donaldson bringing it on daily. hicks batting last again.
sevy - what a gem. the one hit he yielded was a ball about 6 inches high that was clocked.
chappy given must needed work. yanks pitching is the bomb.

Back