2022 Yankees

The Yanks have now scored 51.4 percent of their runs via the home run, the most in the Major Leagues. Monday marked New York’s eighth game hitting at least three homers, a stat that also paces the bigs.
Rizzo opened the year with a torrid home run surge but had skidded of late. His 10th homer established some history, making the 2022 Yankees just the eighth team in Major League history to have three players with 10 or more homers through their first 35 games of a regular season (last achieved by the 2020 White Sox).

game 35. 3 gettys. a fair pole ballantine and a back to back, belly to belly.
yankee reject odor eater hitting below the mendoza. had 2 nice fielding plays.
only 2 bird starters hitting above 233.
#99 rested. stanton pulling ahead in the al mvp race. dj fading.
donaldson bringing it on daily. hicks batting last again.
sevy - what a gem. the one hit he yielded was a ball about 6 inches high that was clocked.
chappy given must needed work. yanks pitching is the bomb.
Hey get your cold beer! Get your ice cold Ballantine Beer!

The Yanks have now scored 51.4 percent of their runs via the home run, the most in the Major Leagues. Monday marked New York’s eighth game hitting at least three homers, a stat that also paces the bigs.
Rizzo opened the year with a torrid home run surge but had skidded of late. His 10th homer established some history, making the 2022 Yankees just the eighth team in Major League history to have three players with 10 or more homers through their first 35 games of a regular season (last achieved by the 2020 White Sox).
Nice ‘D’ by Rizzo on fielding bad throw from Donaldson!!

game 36. a come from behind road win.
#99. 1/4 getty, 1/2 Getty, 1/1 getty, another 1/1 getty, robs an o of a getty.
#99 moves ahead of Stanton in al mvp race.
the king is king. comes in with man on 2nd, no outs. gets the next 9 batters out.
chappy. revives the agita of the game award. its in his dna to put men on.
who is the yankees closer? gutsy/insane call by boone to leave chappy in.

One of my pet peeves in the past has been spring training and how the Yankees go about their business during it. I can't really describe it properly but it seemed to be rather cavalier. Get my work in and leave. No emphasis in getting the core together with regular on field reps as a team. To me this always seemed to lead to a slow start out of the gate and us looking up at teams and a little lethargic at the beginning of the season. I know it is a long season, but I was getting tired of slow starts.

Well that is not a problem this year. They've gotten the job done and it is nice even at this earlier part of the season to have other teams looking up at us in the standings (especially the Red Sox as pointed out by someone else earlier who are now 13 games back). The pitching has been great, timely hitting and just a pleasure to watch.

game 37. sop. pitching does very well. sticks are stunted.
great combo. king cole and sherlock holmes.
sticks. 9 total bases. offense was a wild pitch and a throwing error.
hicks batting leadoff. why? hicks in lineup. why?
torres loves camden

game 37. sop. pitching does very well. sticks are stunted.
great combo. king cole and sherlock holmes.
sticks. 9 total bases. offense was a wild pitch and a throwing error.
hicks batting leadoff. why? hicks in lineup. why?
torres loves camden
It's just not Hicks. What is Gallo giving this team, besides tons of strikeouts? Very big holes. Pitching has been unbelievable, but the holes in the OF need to be plugged.

It's just not Hicks. What is Gallo giving this team, besides tons of strikeouts? Very big holes. Pitching has been unbelievable, but the holes in the OF need to be plugged.
They knew that when they signed him. With these Yankee teams they love them 3 run dingers. Feast or Famine

game 38.
when the yanks pitching fails, the yanks sticks cant go toe to toe with the other teams sticks.
what a great top of ninth, stolen base, 2 out dj rbi to tie it.
what a crappy bottom of 9 with a line drive homer.
hicks kkk. where is gardy?

game 38.
when the yanks pitching fails, the yanks sticks cant go toe to toe with the other teams sticks.
what a great top of ninth, stolen base, 2 out dj rbi to tie it.
what a crappy bottom of 9 with a line drive homer.
hicks kkk. where is gardy?
Imagine how much better this team would be with a productive Hicks and Gallo. Please don't tell me Hicks still has another 7 years to go..... Not only is his bat pathetic, but his play in the OF is sub-par as well.

While the team keeps winning, they will keep running Hicks and Gallo out there but they do need to be looking for alternatives because you can't have three black holes (includes whom ever is catching) in your lineup period.

They need to get Loaisiga and Luetge straightened out, especially if Green is down for any length of time.

Imagine how much better this team would be with a productive Hicks and Gallo. Please don't tell me Hicks still has another 7 years to go..... Not only is his bat pathetic, but his play in the OF is sub-par as well.

Well he only has 3 more years after this. So I hope you feel better now.

Back